I Actually Played A Marshall In The Axe...

TSJMajesty

Rock Star
...and liked it. :idea

Not exactly sure why I don't like them, but it's something to do with how raspy they sound to me. But last night I was playing Bark At The Moon solo, and I knew the tone wasn't right for that song, so I figured I'd try (again) a Marshall preset, and for some reason it sounded good to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Go figure

Welcome To The Team GIF by Teddy Too Big

I only ever played Marshall amps….
Randal,messa, thats the only 2 different amps Ive played :)

I have learned that to record a part 100% I have to able to know and play it 150% or like second nature, if that makes sense.
This is a super interesting subject, how many actual tape reels would I waste if I recorded in the 80s? A mountain.:rofl
Just be like Kevin

I used to adore a Marshall tone, and even though I switched to Mesa, I still like them. Just something about how they come across to me in the Axe.

For me it works and im happy with it… planning to add 2 more heads 800 and either jubee or Vintage modern…. Still undecided

I get that tho… what you’re saying :)

Just my experience using the Fractal with another guitarist. I find the Mesas Marks/Rectos) thick and meaty,
and come across pretty well if I am the only guitarist. Using the Marshalls in a 2 guitar band I sure find they
cut better and punch out of a mix more than the Mesas. :idk

An 800 may be my all-time, real world favourite amp..... that and the Mark V. :chef

Just my experience using the Fractal with another guitarist. I find the Mesas Marks/Rectos) thick and meaty,
and come across pretty well if I am the only guitarist. Using the Marshalls in a 2 guitar band I sure find they
cut better and punch out of a mix more than the Mesas. :idk
I can see that. Coincidentally, I used a JCM900 when I was in a band with another guitarist who played a 100 watt SuperLead, and went to Mesa when I was the only guitarist (although that wasn't the reason I switched.)

Marshall’s are one of those things that can sound horrible when you’re playing by yourself, but sits in a mix just perfectly.

Sometimes Mesa’s can be the opposite if you’re not careful - they sound amazing playing by yourself but they get lost in a mix

Back