Home setup - large floor modelers

I keep mine on the sidecar next to my desk with an expression pedal on the floor for wah's and stuff.

I can put it on the floor if need be, but I typically record, so switching presets isn't something I do on the fly...

A big reason I keep it up there is because the only way to change the usb7 dry signal is through the global menu.. Can't do it in hxedit, unfortunately and it's something I change a lot.
Old pic, but setup is about the same.

31GQq81.jpg
This is basically exactly what I’m wondering if I should do instead. When you’re just playing for fun, and you want to turn effects on and off as you’re playing, do you wish it was on the floor instead?

D

This is basically exactly what I’m wondering if I should do instead. When you’re just playing for fun, and you want to turn effects on and off as you’re playing, do you wish it was on the floor instead?

D
I've never been an effects guy when im just tooling around... clean/dirt and sometimes wah.

If I want to turn on an effect, I just use hxedit

I do bring it down to the floor to use the looper occasionally.

I have Helix Rack in a rack with Helix Control on my keyboard controller, at my fingertips, so I can select presets/snapshots and bypass blocks without needing to switch from Logic to HX Edit.

Interestingly enough, my Helix Rack is an earlier prototype where the viewing angle for the LCD was upside down so it's harder to view from above. But the position in my rack means I'm looking at it from below, so it's perfect.

No, but I approach the desk on the right hand side, so can’t put it over there…

D

Hm, well, maybe you could still arrange something?
Not sure how you're dealing with things, but for me, if I had my board on the left, I could as well just put it *anywhere*. As a righthanded person, adjusting whatever it is comes much easier and as said before, being able to hold a chord/note while adjusting things is worth a lot to me. But then, maybe that's just me.

Interestingly enough, my Helix Rack is an earlier prototype where the viewing angle for the LCD was upside down so it's harder to view from above. But the position in my rack means I'm looking at it from below, so it's perfect.

Pfft, Line 6 makes you use an old unit?! Sounds immoral/unethtical to me.

Believe it or not, I have this "shoe rack", rectangular unit, with a cushion bench on top, and drawers, that was supposed to serve as exactly what it is, but, I repurposed it as a single pedal, gear, and cable holder, and I put my Helix on top of it. it sits to my right, as an L-shape to my desk.

My CPU sits under my desk, and I have a long USB cable that connect the two.

I have Helix Rack in a rack with Helix Control on my keyboard controller, at my fingertips, so I can select presets/snapshots and bypass blocks without needing to switch from Logic to HX Edit.

On that note, footswitch activations in HX Edit would be great. ;)

HX Edit is one of the main reasons I avoid multiple assignments when possible.

Last edited:
On that note, footswitch activations in HX Edit would be great.

I think it'd be nice if a) HX Edit offered a visual representation of the footswitches, so you could actually try out what they're doing without actually touching them (expecially useful in case you really remote control the unit from HX Edit) and b) even better if the same was possible with HX Native. Once you assign switches to multiple things, patch compatibility between hardware and HXN goes out of the window instantly.

Ok this is embarrassing because I probably should know what you mean by this, but I really have no idea…. Can you explain what you are doing here?

D

I'd bet he simply has the Helix Control placed on top (above the keys) of his master keyboard. You know, the things with piano-ish keys...

Back