HILS Headless on the cheap. Seems too good to be true

I have a steinberger synapse baritone and it's a death metal machine tuned to G# or whatever Cannibal corpse is tuned to these days, but the quality is ass. Piezo just broke while I was adjusting the bridge and the frets are a bit shit. I also have a dotstrandbergasterisk 8 string that I got used, and while it's probably the most comfortable and easy to play guitar I own, I would never ever pay full price for one. A standard should be max 1000 for this quality.

Commit properly 🤣

View attachment 28018
View attachment 28019
View attachment 28020
View attachment 28021
The least important part of a headless design is its headless. It’s all the other things you can change and improve. Balance and ergonomics are in a better place to start. These original GLs are flawless playability and never move but I have refretted them in Jescar SS 57110 frets .
The whole point of a cheap headless is that it's a cheap headless, and I'll bring it anywhere/everywhere. I think the Aristides are amazing. I'm not bringing a $3000 guitar with me everywhere I go though.

Maybe if the Cort Strandberg was actually priced what it's worth. :D

The whole point of a cheap headless is that it's a cheap headless, and I'll bring it anywhere/everywhere. I think the Aristides are amazing. I'm not bringing a $3000 guitar with me everywhere I go though.

Maybe if the Cort Strandberg was actually priced what it's worth. :D
It is .

Does a fender need to made by Leo?
Does an iPhone need to be made in China by Foxconn? It’s the specification. Not by who or where, put the same CNC machine in two different countries is not the basis of QC.
The difference between Epiphone and Gibson has got nothing to do with where or who builds them . It is entirely to do with the difference in materials and specifications, if anything the build quality is higher at Epiphone these days but the corners cut in materials makes them substantially inferior.

Last edited:
Does a fender need to made by Leo?
Does an iPhone need to be made in China by Foxconn? It’s the specification. Not by who or where, put the same CNC machine in two different countries is not the basis of QC.
Holy shit! I didn't realize that! Thanks for educating me on that dude. :rofl

I don't think the execution, regardless of where it's made, is worth $2000+.

Is it crystal yet? Can we stop talking about Strandberg yet?

Also, if you, as an owner of of both an Aristides and Strandberg, think the latter is anywhere NEAR the former in quality, for not even a thousand dollar difference, you're higher than a kite.

Also, if you, as an owner of of both an Aristides and Strandberg, think the latter is anywhere NEAR the former in quality, for not even a thousand dollar difference, you're higher than a kite.
I don’t and have been quite critical of Strandberg in the past but the one I have after my additional work is as good as it can be. You don’t get it at all $2000 retail is only a few hundred to build it. $2000 is a cheap guitar unless you include guitar shaped commodities.

By the time you add tax and carriage the H/O is more likely $4k and options take it rapidly up.

I don’t and have been quite critical of Strandberg in the past but the one I have after my additional work is as good as it can be. You don’t get it at all $2000 retail is only a few hundred to build it. $2000 is a cheap guitar unless you include guitar shaped commodities.
I actually don't give a fuck what you think, and I do get it. I've been doing this long enough to form my own opinions about what a good guitar is, having worked with techs with more experience than you. So don't tell me "I don't get it".

Again; let me know when you're done shitting in the thread.

I actually don't give a fuck what you think, and I do get it. I've been doing this long enough to form my own opinions about what a good guitar is, having worked with techs with more experience than you. So don't tell me "I don't get it".
You have no idea how much experience I have in 35 years full time .🤡

take-piss-pee.gif

Back