HILS Headless on the cheap. Seems too good to be true

excited-dance.gif

What time of day do you think UPS is going to get to my share of BFE today? :unsure:

Sometimes we get lucky, and they come at lunch, other days, 5:15 ish.

It's a big case of:
Animation Time GIF by Tony Babel

My Fed Ex guy (Mike) literally calls me on the phone a few minutes before he
pulls in the driveway. He thinks I am cool..... but he's the cool one.

We all should be so lucky to have a Mike in our lives. :beer

It's arrived (and its twin, which I'm not opening from its separate box):

Not much time yet to fiddle with, but so far, so good! Hangs in the hangar with no mods!
HILS Next.png

Dual Ichabod Crane comparison shot (def smaller than the galactic Legator):
Headless.png

It's arrived (and its twin, which I'm not opening from its separate box):

Not much time yet to fiddle with, but so far, so good! Hangs in the hangar with no mods!
View attachment 28179

Dual Ichabod Crane comparison shot (def smaller than the galactic Legator):
View attachment 28180
I can't f - ing wait!!!!!!!!!😝😝😝😝😝😝

The best guitar is a surprise guitar!!!!!

Who would have thought in a week, I would have a new guitar in my hands ....what a rollercoaster ride!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣

I also had my spouse urging me on, WTH?

Last edited:
They don't talk that much....I don't listen to the words....I am looking for specific sounds...they are there. Also Danish Pete is at the end...there is a sounds only version. Oops.

Season 3 Waiting GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Come on man! We are dying her smalls!
Patience, grasshoppah!

Had to work, and make a quick run to the post office to mail the 2nd away.

So far, gave it a quick QC check - fretboard is pretty grainy, lol, but not surprisingly so. Overall fit and finish is great, pickups sound great, too. Hot but not overly so. Think the bridge is around 15K, the neck was less but don't remember - both with ceramic mags.

Quick setup, truss rod and action - as both were way too much for me. Took about 2 full turns on each of the saddle screws to bring it down to a hair under 3/64" for wound and smack-on 2/64" for unwound - which is what I like and generally shoot for. I can whack the snot out of the strings and get zero buzz, not even a hint - not even once.

Did fret rocker in 3 places on each fret, there is some movement in a few places. Again, not surprising at this price point. Played a few songs and didn't notice any weird artifacts or anything so I don't think it'll be a problem.

More later when I can. Have to change the strings, they look like @TSJMajesty's heel a few weeks ago! And kinda smell like it, too :banana

Back