• Spillover

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Snapshots

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
I really need to address these volume jumps I get in my patches going from low gain to high gain and though I have typically hated setting up snapshots, I think either that or spillover mode is going to have to be how I defeat it. What are the advantages and disadvantages for those who have used both modes? I mean the obvious one is being able to avoid the volume jumps but what else?

I have a couple big/high profile shows (big to me) coming up and really want to make sure I am used to whatever I end up doing.

4 snaps along the top row, 4 stomps across the bottom

snaps are: clean, clean drenched in reverb and delay, dirty, lead

stomps are: phase 90, a near infinite hold delay i use with the expression pedal controlling the delay time to get super annoying, a huge reverb, and momentary 2 octave up.

IIRC though, I had one patch with 4 snapshots, but going from Solo Boost (using an EQ) to the Clean Snapshot still created the pop.

I don't recall how I fixed it - maybe replacing the EQ level-boost with a different boost like Kinky boost after the amp.

Depends on how you run your rig...

I like snapshots when using more of a "kitchen sink" type preset. Typically with two amps and one or more drive pedals. And I like to run four snaps along the bottom and four stomps along the top.

But if you have very different presets for different sounds and you can fit them on one row, the spillover setting is really cool and works well. Here I'd run four presets along the bottom and four stomps along the top too unless you only ever swap presets.

Depends on how you run your rig...

I like snapshots when using more of a "kitchen sink" type preset. Typically with two amps and one or more drive pedals. And I like to run four snaps along the bottom and four stomps along the top.

But if you have very different presets for different sounds and you can fit them on one row, the spillover setting is really cool and works well. Here I'd run four presets along the bottom and four stomps along the top too unless you only ever swap presets.

Yeah I like a kitchen sink thing but not sure with some of the added material that I can pull it off in one patch. I need spanky clean, clean w/tremolo, clean w/chorus, dirt, dirt with flanger, dirt with 502ms delay for a particular solo, and finally generic solos. All of the aforementioned also with down 1, down 2, and up 3 poly tunings available.

Yeah I like a kitchen sink thing but not sure with some of the added material that I can pull it off in one patch. I need spanky clean, clean w/tremolo, clean w/chorus, dirt, dirt with flanger, dirt with 502ms delay for a particular solo, and finally generic solos. All of the aforementioned also with down 1, down 2, and up 3 poly tunings available.

Guessing if you need to use poly pitch, you're going to get locked into a single patch for DSP purposes, hopefully you can add some of the low CPU effects like chorus, tremolo, maybe boost. Then on the second row you would need to do two amps (clean and dirty) along with delay (and possibly reverb).

Interesting that it has to be either or when you can use both at the same time.

Id only really use spillover if I were doing one song per preset, and I'd probably only do that in an original band, most likely also utilizing the HX Preset command to jump to specific presets

Snap/Stomp for me, snaps on the bottom, stomps on top. I only need spillover with reverb and delay, so I just use the spillover in those actual effects, while staying in the same preset, going from snap to snap, and I use Poly Capo, so . . .

Back