Helix crisscross delay - revisit it

Sounds cool, saved in favorites. Gives a nice ambient between Delay and Reverb. Does it sound like the *Halo*? Don't know, never even heard of that pedal.
Nice. I have it saved as favorite also. My other crisscross settings for a moody mono delay-verb effect:
Code:
Time A 1/4
Time B 1/8dot
Feedback A 60%
Feedback B 68%
Pan A Center
Pan B Center
Mix 33%
Xfeed 7.0
Headroom +12
Mod Rate 2.4
Mod Depth 2.1
Shape Tri
Phase 90
BitDepth 14
Sample rate 16k
Low Cut 100
High Cut 1.6k

Nice. I have it saved as favorite also. My other crisscross settings for a moody mono delay-verb effect:
Code:
Time A 1/4
Time B 1/8dot
Feedback A 60%
Feedback B 68%
Pan A Center
Pan B Center
Mix 33%
Xfeed 7.0
Headroom +12
Mod Rate 2.4
Mod Depth 2.1
Shape Tri
Phase 90
BitDepth 14
Sample rate 16k
Low Cut 100
High Cut 1.6k
So this one is in Mono?

I’m so sad that this thread immediately turned into yet again people regurgitating some settings JMP posted on TGP lol. Did anyone actually try this thing on its own terms using their own ears?

If you want to mimic the halo, those settings are highly unlikely to nail it as that’s not how it’s done in the actual halo pedal.

But forget the halo, the crisscross is a really beautiful delay on its own and without even using the cross fade at all. The range of eq options and the really unique modulation sounds make it one of the best delays in the box.

D

I’m so sad that this thread immediately turned into yet again people regurgitating some settings JMP posted on TGP lol. Did anyone actually try this thing on its own terms using their own ears?

If you want to mimic the halo, those settings are highly unlikely to nail it as that’s not how it’s done in the actual halo pedal.

But forget the halo, the crisscross is a really beautiful delay on its own and without even using the cross fade at all. The range of eq options and the really unique modulation sounds make it one of the best delays in the box.

D
I liked it! Crossfeed & phase controls are nice for stereo action.

I assumed Crisscross delay was the same as the Vintage Delay other than the stereo stuff, is it different? I guess the filters make it extra nice too, but is there something to the modulation that’s unique?

I liked it! Crossfeed & phase controls are nice for stereo action.

I assumed Crisscross delay was the same as the Vintage Delay other than the stereo stuff, is it different? I guess the filters make it extra nice too, but is there something to the modulation that’s unique?

I ignored it too originally because I thought it was just vintage digital as two delay lines with a crossfeed. It’s more than that, which is the point of this thread.

Crisscross has really powerful eq shaping that vintage digital doesn’t, and it also has modulation capabilities that no other delay in the box has that sound really beautiful. I also think it has more “vibe” somehow but that could just be in my head or really part of the modulation and eq working together.

D

I ignored it too originally because I thought it was just vintage digital as two delay lines with a crossfeed. It’s more than that, which is the point of this thread.

Crisscross has really powerful eq shaping that vintage digital doesn’t, and it also has modulation capabilities that no other delay in the box has that sound really beautiful. I also think it has more “vibe” somehow but that could just be in my head or really part of the modulation and eq working together.

D
Thanks, I’ll check it out again my fellow lover of wet effects :headbang

Crisscross is my new favourite thing. It's rather buried away in there but it's just fabulous. When trying to replicate the Soft Focus sound, I think this is the delay to use after reverb.

The thing I found with this model is that it’s really special in stereo because of how they offset the LFO between the delay lines. When I put it in mono I didn’t care for it as much but in stereo I think it’s pretty special.

D

I don’t think I’ve tried this one. Will check it out, thanks!

HX Delays are by far my favourite, overall. Always musical and inspiring.

Back