Helix: Any way to paste a particular block to multiple presets at once?

pipelineaudio

Shredder
I pretty much have a few kitchen sink presets, where I have a version of each with different impulses, and by key for the harmonizer

Any change to the internal parameters of a block that I want on each preset, means copying and pasting one by one to 36 or so presets and is a major PITA.

I was working on a text editor for this but got busy with some of our other projects. Is this something that can be done somehow right now?

I pretty much have a few kitchen sink presets, where I have a version of each with different impulses, and by key for the harmonizer

Any change to the internal parameters of a block that I want on each preset, means copying and pasting one by one to 36 or so presets and is a major PITA.

I was working on a text editor for this but got busy with some of our other projects. Is this something that can be done somehow right now?
That might be a great question for @Digital Igloo Just going out on a limb here, but have you tried holding the control key to see if they baked that into the software?

Sounds like you want global blocks, and Helix doesn't currently have these.

FWIW, in the Fractal ecosystem, only the AxeFX3 supports global blocks, so Helix isn't alone in this required.

Personally I think they could achieve this by allow you to create "linked" favourites, where by in your preset, rather than having the block definition you have a link to a favourite, so that any changes to the favourite are reflected in presets that contain that preset.

No, but the block stays in the clipboard so you can:
  1. Select a preset.
  2. Paste the block.
  3. Press SAVE twice and repeat steps 1-3.
There'd be no way to successfully paste a block into multiple presets blindly, as there's no guarantee every target preset would have sufficient DSP to accommodate it. (There are additional rules like only 2 amps or cabs per path and only 1 looper per preset.)

In my case, the block is already there. I have traditionally been doing it with your method.

I was able to do it with find and replace in Notepad++ but it feels a little sketchy, possibly I can make it a little safer in there.

My big hold up right now with doing it in a text editor is that ideally, I could do it from the setlist file, but it seems to be encrypted in a way I can't really get to its guts

I just got setup to do a livestream showing the text editor tricks, and the copy/paste bug between presets, changing the parameter values at random just popped back up.

It is EXTREMELY confidence destroying not knowing how in the hell your parameters will end up between the snapshots after a simple copy and paste of presets

No, but the block stays in the clipboard so you can:
  1. Select a preset.
  2. Paste the block.
  3. Press SAVE twice and repeat steps 1-3.
There'd be no way to successfully paste a block into multiple presets blindly, as there's no guarantee every target preset would have sufficient DSP to accommodate it. (There are additional rules like only 2 amps or cabs per path and only 1 looper per preset.)
Unfortunately even this method does not work reliably, as the parameters are corrupted when pasting them. Checking in a text editor to see exactly where it happens if possible

Interesting! Seems to be broken on export as well. This is the preset that is showing the correct parameters, but on export it loses its settings!

notepad++_4WfUAGzp7x.png

Oh boy. Here we go again. I’ll wait for others to not be able to reproduce this on their own systems, even using his preset files, just like before.

So its a faked video right?
Oh, you unblocked me? No, I don’t think it’s fake. I believe what you’re seeing. However, myself and others have tried to replicate this on our own systems many times, and have been unable to do so.

You’ve had issues with something similar to this for a long time. The only bug that others were able to replicate was the expression pedal heel-down assignment changing, which Line 6 acknowledged as a bug and fixed a long time ago.

What I’m trying to say is that it seems like this issue is somehow specific to your computer or your hardware. I’d check there first for troubleshooting, because nobody else has been able to observe this behavior, even using your files.

Back