Headrush Firmware

Two years later .... finally new firmware.

They added synth to new devices ...other than that. It is just like I predicted.... nothing much......but its out.

3.2 stable build....finally for core and prime
2.7 stable build , that has been finished forever.....for PB, GB and MX5

2.7 for the MX5, Pedal Board and Gig Board

Since Firmware Version 2.6 • Added GLORIOUS DRIVE to the DISTORTION category. • Added WHITE BASS WAH to the EXPRESSION category. • Added TEN FREQ EQ to the DYNAMICS/EQ category. • Fixed a rare issue where the incorrect LED color was occasionally shown if switching between two rigs that each had scenes with dual states. • Fixed a rare issue where renamed rigs would use the previous rig name after restarting the unit. • Other minor DSP optimizations and bug fixes.

The Glorious Drive (JHS Morning Glory) and the 10-band EQ (MXR) are great!

3.2.0 for Prime and Core.

Since Firmware Version 3.1.2 6 New FX: • Added 3 HeadRush original FX to the new Synth category: o Hybrid Synth o Electric Piano o DB-33 Organ • Added Glorious Drive to the Overdrive category. • Added White Bass Wah to the Wah/Filter category. • Added Sustain to the Volume/Dynamics category. New Features: • Added two new signal paths options for Dual Guitar & Vocal chains: o Dual Path 2-12: 2 Vocal blocks + 12 Guitar blocks o Dual Path 4-10: 4 Vocal blocks + 10 Guitar blocks • Bluetooth and USB Audio On settings can now be retained through power cycles. • Added an option to opt in or out of HeadRush’s data analytics program. UI improvements: • Added contextual information dialogs to the block edit pages for Sustain, Hybrid Synth, Electric Piano, DB-33 Organ, and Side Comp effects. Tap the “i” icon located on the block’s graphic to learn more about these effects. • Moved the location of Ambi Verb to the new Synth FX category as this better reflects the effect since the reverb is generated via a synth. • Other very minor cosmetic improvements. Performance Enhancements and Bug Fixes: • Significantly improved the Bluetooth pairing of devices. • Fixed an issue where Bluetooth audio would sometimes jitter during playback. • Fixed a rare macOS/iOS issue where the HeadRush device would not disconnect from the paired device. • Fixed a rare Bluetooth issue on Windows computers where disconnecting would occasionally cause a freeze on the HeadRush device. • Fixed an issue where the HeadRush device sometimes failed to establish a Wi-Fi connection after an external Bluetooth device was connected. • Fixed an issue where a freeze would sometimes occur during power off and the unit would reboot. • Fixed an amp cloner issue where loading certain clone types would sometimes sound different to when they were previously saved. • Fixed an issue where the Cloud rig upload counter would be out of sync when using two separate HeadRush devices.

• Fixed an issue where an incorrect dialog was shown when attempting to upload a rig which included an IR with a file size greater than 1 MB to the HeadRush Cloud. • Fixed an issue where the Budda Zenman effect had the incorrect labelling for the vintage and phat parameters. • Fixed a rare issue where the incorrect LED color was occasionally shown if switching between two rigs that each had scenes with dual states. • Fixed an issue where reordering rigs on the All Rigs setlist from Z-A would incorrectly impact the order of user created setlists. • Fixed an issue on the amp cloner wizard where sometimes the wrong connection diagram would be loaded when using the push encoder. • Fixed an issue where after a successful amp clone and file save, it would disable the footswitch mode if the page was left via the Exit button. • Fixed an issue where an imported block preset could not be loaded in the file browser. • Fixed a looper issue where holding the view footswitch (FS6) would incorrectly change the footswitch view on the looper. • Fixed an issue where if two of the same effects were added to a rig, the parameter knob values were not updating correctly when switching between the two effects. • Other very minor bug fixes and performance improvements.

Last edited:
Update files in zip folder of install, for both legacy and new devices, dated 20Feb2024. That is almost 6 months ago, that's how long these files have been sitting, waiting to see the light.

Also, their ambi verb runs on a synth engine, they've admitted this for years ....this runs on the legacy devices ....very well, yet they don't include the synth effects in the legacy update....real nice. Good thing I have an sy-1

Good. They need to be more ”involved”. Just a short opinion from me on that. I believe the HR team could have done great things faster. I thought that would happen with the MX5 release. It seems like they’ve been allowed to do stuff in small bits and pieces. And well… they’re under the rule of InMusic wich seem to think repackaging is the way to go forward. And I also suspect it’s a really small team. Headrush is a kind of story that is great but could have been sooo much better.

Here is an excellent example of what Headrush is...

how-are-fake-backlot-building-facades-built-v0-3mpya7e6a6nb1.png

Looks good in ads....on YouTube....but it is all a facade....like a set.....of a big scam.

Back