Headfirst Alta 100

MadAsAHatter

Roadie
Anyone else been interested in this amp?

I was a fashionably late to the party but did follow most of the development progress. It's the brainchild of Jason Tong of Headfirst Amplification out of Australia. The first US production run will be starting this later this month. Jason will do a partial build in his shop and Shea of Monomyth Amps will complete the build in the US. I just put my deposit down and am #2 on the build list.

All the videos Jason has posted have had some killer tones. I'm super stoked my amp build isn't too far off.

Here's some videos is you haven't seen them.

Anyone else been interested in this amp?

I was a fashionably late to the party but did follow most of the development progress. It's the brainchild of Jason Tong of Headfirst Amplification out of Australia. The first US production run will be starting this later this month. Jason will do a partial build in his shop and Shea of Monomyth Amps will complete the build in the US. I just put my deposit down and am #2 on the build list.

All the videos Jason has posted have had some killer tones. I'm super stoked my amp build isn't too far off.

Here's some videos is you haven't seen them.

I think the amp sounds great but right away I can tell it’s not for me personally , it seems very dry and like the feel would be on the stiffer side
But like the Wizard some will really dig it I am sure

I’m down.
I bet I can get it sound & feel good & greasy.
This one is gonna be a game changer.
That’s about as good as it get’s for hard rockin’
Marshall to Madman Marshall.
I bet with my Crazy Tube Circuits Super Conductor
I can drum up some tasty edge of break-ups on
Channel 1,-clean channel has a gain adjuster control & the 2 button brite switch,
NOW we’re talking!!
Those vintage/modern switches are KILLER!
I always like that combo of switches!!,
& the ability to store all of your settings is dope AF!
Dude, channels 2&3…that’s about as good as it get’s for high gain Marshall raunch rip & roar’s.
I could also hear the “punch-grunt” in the bottom end, muy bien.
I wanna rock some P90’s through that thing!
Cheers!’and congratulations on #2!
Fire in the hole man!

Last edited:
Would be curious to hear it in the hands of a a different player to see how much the tones vary.

The 38 LED buttons give me option anxiety.

Back