Harley Benton “Keith Richards” Telecaster…

Fireproof

Shredder
I know nothing about Harley Bentons, but I like the specs on this.
I liked the specs of SC550, one of their more "expensive" "deluxe" ones. It was pretty much pure crap on all the things that actually matter.
Nut cut way to high accompanied with unleveled frets. Comfortable action was impossible.

Maybe others have lower standards, but a faulty guitar is a faulty guitar if you ask me, no matter the price range, and not worth investing more to get it playable.

First and probably last HB I'll buy, and last time I'm buying into YouTube hype (this one is probably a lie though).

Luckily Thomann return policy worked as advertised so it went strait back to them.
It did look great though.

Last edited:
I’d like to try one of these out sometime, they definitely have their fans.

My uncle had one, one of the Suhr look-a-likes, by the time he was done with it the only thing original on it was the bridge, body and neck. But really, at that price point, that’s exactly what I expect. I’m very much of the belief if you have a good body and a good neck (including frets) you’re 3/4’s the way to a great guitar, regardless of the price.

There’s a local guy (an old pro and one of the top first call players in town) who has been raving about the Harley Benton LP Jr he picked up. He told me his regular guitar tech was impressed with the quality

How do they get away with calling it ash??
Half these companies churning out budget stuff claim all sorts with the wood and it’s never the whole story.
Ash should have to be ash or say what it really is.

How do they get away with calling it ash??
Half these companies churning out budget stuff claim all sorts with the wood and it’s never the whole story.
Ash should have to be ash or say what it really is.
73lmw6.jpg

Luckily for everyone, wood type doesn't matter on electric guitars :giggle:
Only if you don't know what you'r talking about. If you find two different species of wood with the exact same properties then no it doesn't. If you glue three fence posts together it isn't go to have the same acoustic properties as a one piece of light ash so then it matters . It also matters when your are being told ash and it's any old shit from the fence.

Only if you don't know what you'r talking about. If you find two different species of wood with the exact same properties then no it doesn't. If you glue three fence posts together it isn't go to have the same acoustic properties as a one piece of light ash so then it matters . It also matters when your are being told ash and it's any old s**t from the fence.
BUT DUDE; I BOLTED A BRIDGE TO A SAWHORSE AND MOUNTED A PICKUP ON A TINCAN BETWEEN THE SAWHORSE AND THE TREE STUMP I INSTALLED THE TUNING PEGS ON?!?!?!?

More unscientific bs.
You need to ask yourself, does the acoustic properties have any effect in an electric guitar? If you think the answer is no explain why an original paf on a squire strat doesn’t sound exactly like a 59. If the answer is yes ( the right answer) how much effect? The truth is everything matters.

Last edited:
Back