Hang In There Florida!!

Looks like we have a large hurricane coming up the Gulf. Be safe and sandbag up!

Are you down here? I’m in Ft. Lauderdale, we’re just getting tropical storms here but I prepped the campus like I normally would for a hurricane anyway, getting everything not-bolted down put inside. We had a quick, 30 minute storm around noon today and that’s been it so far, just a normal Florida night outside, barely a cloud out there.

I tend to heavily, heavily doubt anything coming off the news. It’s been 20 years since the last time they were remotely accurate, with Wilma.

I have some friends and family in the panhandle and apparently it's heading right at them.
They're not right on the coastline so tidal surge wouldn't be an issue for them, just the winds. Hurricane Michael devastated that area in 2018 but they've made a good comeback, especially Mexico Beach, so hoping this one is not too severe. I grew up in the Panama City area so I'm used to the occasional hurricanes. Flooding is the big concern.

LOL, welcome to Florida. Pretty sure this isn’t anything new this time of year.

Source: non-Florida resident who was dragged to Ft. Lauderdale and Ft. Myers twice a year growing up.

In all seriousness, stay safe down there! Those Gulf coast storms can be a real bitch!

Are you down here? I’m in Ft. Lauderdale, we’re just getting tropical storms here but I prepped the campus like I normally would for a hurricane anyway, getting everything not-bolted down put inside. We had a quick, 30 minute storm around noon today and that’s been it so far, just a normal Florida night outside, barely a cloud out there.

I tend to heavily, heavily doubt anything coming off the news. It’s been 20 years since the last time they were remotely accurate, with Wilma.
I am in New Port Richey in Tampa Bay.

They cancelled school down here. :rofl

It’s getting real.

IMG-0962.jpg

Ron White, when speaking of those stubborn, lone few idiots who think they know better, and exclaim, "I ain't leavin'! By golly I dun weathered all kinna storms 'efore, and this'n 'll be no diff'rnt!", when referring to a Cat 5 hurricane heading straight for the coastline these morons live on...,

It ain't that the wind is a-blowin'..., It's what the wind is a-blowin' :rofl :rofl

My Grandparents and (now my Uncle) lived in Ft. Lauderdale for over 40 years. They never once skipped town for a hurricane. Stubborn as hell, but luckily never suffered any loss from a storm.

My Grandparents and (now my Uncle) lived in Ft. Lauderdale for over 40 years. They never once skipped town for a hurricane. Stubborn as hell, but luckily never suffered any loss from a storm.
We were that way too, mostly. The only one we bailed on was Opal in 95. But we were living the next block over from the beach so it made sense to head more north. My former bandmate's house got significant damage from the tidal surge, as did all the others around there.

Well we got hammered last night, lots of wind and water, power was out for 24 hours and just came back a little while ago. We made it through ok, just some minor stuff, but a lot of people in our local area lost everything. It's going to take some time to get cleaned up and get folks the help they need. Count your blessings friends.

Back