Hang in there Florida Pt 2: Milton

It’s amazing how beautiful the weather is the day after.

I walked out of my apartment around 6AM to walk the dog and got confused, it was about 65 degrees outside and it took my brain a minute to catch up. I had just walked him around 11pm the night before and it was in the 80's. Still been 'chilly' the last couple mornings.

I walked out of my apartment around 6AM to walk the dog and got confused, it was about 65 degrees outside and it took my brain a minute to catch up. I had just walked him around 11pm the night before and it was in the 80's. Still been 'chilly' the last couple mornings.

It’s been amazing the past few days. Sadly we are back up to 88 tomorrow.

Psyched this one’s bark was worse than its bite. Lived in Naples for almost a decade, slept on our lanai for 10 days with no power in SWFL September heat after Irma. Do not recommend.

It’s weird the things you experience, like learning you can strap a headlamp over a gallon of water and it turns it into a quite powerful Omni directional light you can carry around in the dark. Or filling your sinks and tubs with ice and tap water so you have fresh water after the flooding dumps sewage and not potable water into clean supplies. Or the way 50 generators form a chorus as you’re falling asleep.

FL has another nasty looking system heading thar way. That’s just life there. The friends and family i still have there are concerned and acknowledge things are getting worse, but I think they’re more terrified of what they know is about to unfold in the insurance market.

That state is a small hop away from being declared uninsurable and it’s going to push out everyone who can’t afford to self insure. Absolute nightmare.

Last edited:
Back