Hang in there Florida Pt 2: Milton

All there is in the Ocean is warmth to fuel these Monsters. The Gulf is a freaking Cauldron.

I can't fathom the amount of lives that have been tragically decimated and emptied out
in the past 2 weeks from these Hurricanes. Unprecedented in modern times is unprecedented. :(

Last edited:
I've got one year on my lease right now, I was already getting the strong urge to move back to New England after my vacation in August, but this is really putting it at the forefront of my head to get my ducks in a row to GTFO at the end of this lease. At least the weather changes up there have resulted in warmer weathers to the point they barely got any snow the last couple years, opposed to fucking tornadoes in the middle of a city, flooding from regular rain and temps that attempt to recreate Hell.

My parents are in Naples, I talked to my mom the other day and she didn't seem too phased, she said they're expecting to lose power but I guess they aren't in an evacuation zone?

My dad was actually here in CO over the weekend and flew back yesterday, he said there was only 4 other people on the plane to Ft. Meyers

I've got one year on my lease right now, I was already getting the strong urge to move back to New England after my vacation in August, but this is really putting it at the forefront of my head to get my ducks in a row to GTFO at the end of this lease. At least the weather changes up there have resulted in warmer weathers to the point they barely got any snow the last couple years, opposed to fucking tornadoes in the middle of a city, flooding from regular rain and temps that attempt to recreate Hell.
I was just looking at prices of homes on one of those barrier islands south of Tampa Bay..., just curious. And I thought, man, people are gonna be left holding the bag in coming decades as people come to their senses and start moving north to escape the heat and crazy weather, that's only going to get worse.

I seriously think you're far from alone in thinking that way.

...damnit.....that's getting a bit close for comfort.

We're in a tornado watch here, Palm Beach is 25 mins north of me.....damnit!

Man, I just had a bad experience with Instacart (again), and had a whole rant typed out, but then in the wake of all the people who have recently lost everything they own due to Helene, and all those about to, and all the suffering families due to personal loss of friends and family members, not to mention injuries, I deleted it, and instead made a donation to Red Cross.

I got NOTHING to complain about.

The National Weather Service issued over 50 tornado warnings in Florida today.

Insane. And the hurricane hasn’t even made landfall yet.
So maybe Al was right? Just had to go and invent the internet.....why couldn't Tipper have him killed when she had the chance!!!!🤪

Well that was interesting. Hope you guys are well. I am still at the beach in Ft. Lauderdale waiting for the roads to clear etc. and heading back in the morning. Meantime, this is how today started...
IMG_4993.jpeg

Yea, this storm started breaking up just before land fall. Some weird interaction with the front. I know there were some areas hit pretty hard, but I think overall we were pretty lucky. it seemed to peter out quickly as it came across. The north side of the wall past right over us. We didn't loose our power till 4:30am, and the center was almost to Daytona Beach by then. Definately would have been a whole different story if it held together and hit as a cat 3/4. Counting our blessings. Guessing we'll be out of power 3 to 4 days from the looks of it but, the Waza Air and Katana Go are fully charged :beer

All Good from Winter Haven in Central FL. We just got power back on last night and this one was pretty bad here too, but could have been a lot worse if it had not started to downgrade before it hit Siesta Key. It was still a Cat 2 when it went over us and the airport less than 10 miles from me registered 94mph wind gusts.

Since we are in the middle of the state, we have always stayed put and not take up hotel space and other resources from everyone fleeing the coastal communities. Been working in the yard the last 2 days and drinking heavily but we are still here...

Just got home and all is well, just no internet, lots of flooding around us but we are dry and have power, I can live with that. We drove through Sarasota and the area directly hit by the storm and, although it was better than I expected, they definitely got slammed. Drove past the Trop in St. Pete as well and that place is torn up. Glad to be sitting here dry and relatively comfortable typing this. Hope you are all well.

Back