Halp plaeze! How to grab YT audio into DAW (directly)?

Although with the conversion websites I can grab the audio for 30 songs in under 10 minutes without having to listen through entire songs

I must have been doing something wrong 3 years ago when I was futsing with it. I just couldn't get it to work. It's still on my Mac and I should try it again, but I'm sure the storms will knock out my power any minute so everything critical to my fun time is off or unplugged.

Super easy, man! Read that resource thread, once it’s loaded it’s just setting the Mac’s Audio Output to Soundflower and setting Logic’s Audio Input as Soundflower. Press Record in Logic and press play on YouTube. Done.

Super easy, man! Read that resource thread, once it’s loaded it’s just setting the Mac’s Audio Output to Soundflower and setting Logic’s Audio Input as Soundflower. Press Record in Logic and press play on YouTube. Done.
I'll check it out later. I think there was a discrepancy between it and the Sonarworks software I use but again it was a few years back and can't even remember the real issue

I got blitzed by scamware … no thanks

I’m sure it’s not them, but everyone offering the DL services

Precisely why I stopped using those sites. It was a guessing game of which link to click after the ad time ran down or you end up closing multiple popups to get to the link, screw all that. On top of that, I could never get anything that legit sounded like a quality rip.

I’ve got it, I just found that Soundflower completely negated the need for anything else in the way of ripping stuff off YouTube.
If this becomes a regular hobbit… I’ll get something one step more integrated, ie Soundflower.

I just needed a sample of some rain… Lol

So that brings up a stupid question for me… I think we get at least one a day here, correct?

What do (and how) other people use clips from the Internet in their music production?

I’m working a short cinematic/foley bit and just needed some F/X.

Probably could’ve found samples in the Apple library? but didn’t really look all that hard because I knew what I wanted.

I built it by hand in Logic, one sound; probably took a half a hour for a 1.0 second bit. That and the rain 🌧️

Now that I pondered all this outloud, I ‘spose I could likely used the sampler tools in Logic instead of youtubing things up and stupid audio tracks. Next time.

I guess I could go watch a YouTube video on how to do that exactly.

What do (and how) other people use clips from the Internet in their music production?
I primarily download clips to slow down, loop, transcribe, and learn licks.

Others, usually backing tracks and/or content that isn't available on other platforms.

this woman i recorded wanted it to sound like she was playing at a cocktail hour, i just searched for background talking or something on youtube and converted one of the vids with that loader.to and dragged it into reaper

I have a PreSonus interface, and it has software called Universal Control. On the main page of Universal Control there is a dropdown for “Loopback” and if I set it to Virtual, it adds what you hear in Windows to an available audio track. This shows up for me in Reaper as Virtual 1/2. If I set it to record, it records anything playing in Windows, including any websites or YT videos.

That’s how I would do it. I would think most interfaces have a similar feature.

I have a PreSonus interface, and it has software called Universal Control. On the main page of Universal Control there is a dropdown for “Loopback” and if I set it to Virtual, it adds what you hear in Windows to an available audio track. This shows up for me in Reaper as Virtual 1/2. If I set it to record, it records anything playing in Windows, including any websites or YT videos.

That’s how I would do it. I would think most interfaces have a similar feature.

Currently using my AxeFx3 as the interface, until I outgrow it.

This is good information though for “growth“ reasons. 😉

In case your interface has no loopback option, it's in fact very easy to do things via Soundflower. Yet, it requires to set your system/browser sounds to play back through Soundflower and setting up your DAW to record through soundflower.
Because of that, for me it's usually quicker to grab the entire file (in case it's not all *that* long) and just drag it into my sequencer.
For YT Videos, IMO the best tool would be ClipGrab. Free.

Back