Guitar Bucket List

jimfusco

Hi everyone! First time poster, long time reader. šŸ˜ƒ

I recently started a video series where Iā€™m documenting my ā€œguitar bucket listā€ of guitar features (both useful and ridiculous) and wanted to share it with the community here. Note that Iā€™m not selling anything or trying to make money off of this- I just wanted to talk guitars with more people and try to better understand this crazy collection Iā€™m building!

So, Iā€™ve posted three videos so far- Iā€™ll do one for each guitar in the collection and note which features that each crosses off my list. I created a blog for it, too: Guitar Bucket List.

Iā€™d love to hear whatā€™s on everyone elseā€™s bucket lists (these videos explain the methodology Iā€™m using) - I imagine the more I talk to people about it, the more thatā€™s going to end up on the list. And Iā€™m okay with that- Iā€™d really prefer to keep acquiring guitars and NOT kick the bucket!

Hope you like the videos!

Having owned 250 + over the years and settled on around 30 plus the thousands I have played through work I am pretty sure that that for me I actually have them. Itā€™s amazing how playing iconic guitars makes you realise that it was 100% the owner that was iconic.

1. I was born in 1959,so a Strat, Tele, Jr.,Special,Martin, Gibson Acoustic,and even LP from that year.

2. Older Gibson Flying V

3. Mid 70ā€™s Hamer Standard (Explorer Style)

4. Mid-Late 70ā€™s BC Rich Bich

Last edited:
I've never had quite a bucket list, it's usually been a gradual process where I'm suddenly interested in say getting a hollowbody, or getting a Tele.

I'm at about a dozen guitars atm and that's already too much. But it's fine to have some luxury in life.

I feel like I'm the only one here but I've yet to own a PRS.

Gonna check that box off this year hopefully

Glasses Join Us GIF by nounish āŒā—Ø-ā—Ø

I have fortunately been able to find ways to get the guitars I have wanted over the years. I have a collection of them now that leaves me not really wanting any others. I did just buy a new one this month. That is the first one I have bought in a few years. It is something a little different that I had previously brushed off as something I didn't really like. I started seeing more information on this guitar and got more interested in it. Having worked on many guitars over the years has also been helpful. I have been able to try out quite a few guitars that I probably would not have purchased for myself.

I feel like I'm the only one here but I've yet to own a PRS.

Gonna check that box off this year hopefully
Me too on the top part. Haven't found the right one (aka at the right price) nor have I bothered to really look too hard? Ernie Ball stuff has always intrigued me but it is always super cashy in ways that I can't get on board with, no matter how awesome I know they are going to be.

Me too on the top part. Haven't found the right one (aka at the right price) nor have I bothered to really look too hard? Ernie Ball stuff has always intrigued me but it is always super cashy in ways that I can't get on board with, no matter how awesome I know they are going to be.

Used S2s are some of the best value on the used market for a high quality USA piece imo

I've been casually browsing used ones from around my area looking for a deal.

The majesty is slowly creeping onto my radar as well :nails

After the holidays are over I might ramp up my efforts.. :guiness

I've been casually browsing used ones from around my area looking for a deal.

The majesty is slowly creeping onto my radar as well :nails

After the holidays are over I might ramp up my efforts.. :guiness
There are TON of EB guitars that have caught my eye over the years. I have played a few of them at Chicago Music Exchange and ugh
:bonk:guiness:guiness:bonk

It sounds like a fun and engaging project, and I appreciate your passion for sharing the love of guitars without any commercial motives. I'll definitely check out your videos and blog to see what features you're exploring.

Iā€™m not a collector, Iā€™ve never had a list.
If I did have one dream guitar I would love to own someday it would be a mid-50ā€™s goldtop Les Paul with P90s. But I wouldnā€™t call it a ā€œbucket listā€ guitar because I know Iā€™ll never own one.

Iā€™m not a collector, Iā€™ve never had a list.
If I did have one dream guitar I would love to own someday it would be a mid-50ā€™s goldtop Les Paul with P90s. But I wouldnā€™t call it a ā€œbucket listā€ guitar because I know Iā€™ll never own one.
I was offered a 56 in 99 for Ā£4K and I said no šŸ¤¦

Back