Got Covid Again

Jarick

Shredder
Wife and kids all tested negative while I was positive, so now I'm self-isolating, which means I'm hiding from my family in my basement office (aka the Covid Cave).

I'm going to need to probably splurge on a gift for my wife after this weekend. Not only am I going to be zero help with the kids and house stuff all weekend, but we had to cancel our plans to go see a concert she had tickets for tomorrow.

On the upside, I have my guitars, computer, and Xbox down here.

That sucks...especially the concert.

I had a reversal scenario a month ago. Wife and kids all had covid, I was negative. So I was locked away in the master bedroom where most of my gear is and had to quarantine from work aka work from home for over a week. It sucked to have to mask up and cook and clean up after them but then I'd just go back to my room and riff out all night and not get yelled at lol. Rest up dude! 🤙

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Good that you have guitars and gizmos. When I got it I had no time to grab a guitar and I was sent to a covid cave without anything

Last edited:
Sucks to be isolated. But it sounds like you have a cool place to hang out in. Get well soon!

Gave a like for the upside.

How are you feeling besides guilty and shameful? :poop:

At least 4 kids are out with Covid in my wife's class.

Gave a like for the upside.

How are you feeling besides guilty and shameful? :poop:

At least 4 kids are out with Covid in my wife's class.

I feel like crap, but same as last time and like every bad cold I've had in the last 20 years. Every year I get a nasty cold somewhere around winter time.

Before 2020, I would always try and be a hero when I was sick, going to work and doing all my usual stuff, trying to live through it. If the pandemic taught me anything, it's to actually stay home and not get everyone else sick. So I was at least wise enough to cancel my hockey game and not expose two dozen others.

So far, I've played through 80% of Hollow Knight again, done some pickup swaps on my Les Paul for the 500th time, and of course lots of guitar playing.

Doesn't really do to much to me but i know it knocks some people out. I think I worked through it the last time i had it but my boss was just out for like 3 weeks with it.

Get well, hang in there… and play a lot of Xbox damn it! I never get to play as much as I would like… oldest son showed me Subnautica, my kind of game… like it alot, but that was weeks ago and only played an hour… so I need to start over.

Doesn't really do to much to me but i know it knocks some people out. I think I worked through it the last time i had it but my boss was just out for like 3 weeks with it.

Yeah my energy's down about 15% maybe, brain is down about the same. But it's not bad, just hate coughing and blowing my nose non-stop. I'm "only" 39 though and don't really have any health issues aside from being 40 pounds overweight. Also I had no side effects from the vaccine/booster even though my wife had the same ones and slept for a couple days after each.

Get well, hang in there… and play a lot of Xbox damn it! I never get to play as much as I would like… oldest son showed me Subnautica, my kind of game… like it alot, but that was weeks ago and only played an hour… so I need to start over.

I hadn't played much video games for many years until I got a Nintendo Switch. That thing is a lot of fun and I can play in bed, all over the house, on vacation, etc. I played both the Ori games and heard good things about Hollow Knight. It's pretty dang tough but addictive and I've beat it a few times over the last month. Usually my teenage son controls the Xbox but because I've been sick he's staying at his mom's house to avoid the germs, and I'm stuck in the basement with the Xbox.

I hadn't played much video games for many years until I got a Nintendo Switch. That thing is a lot of fun and I can play in bed, all over the house, on vacation, etc. I played both the Ori games and heard good things about Hollow Knight. It's pretty dang tough but addictive and I've beat it a few times over the last month. Usually my teenage son controls the Xbox but because I've been sick he's staying at his mom's house to avoid the germs, and I'm stuck in the basement with the Xbox.
Put on some headphones, start playing Breath of the Wild. Done. :p You’d have something to do for a long time. Has a very nice dynamic music score/design.

Put on some headphones, start playing Breath of the Wild. Done. :p You’d have something to do for a long time. Has a very nice dynamic music score/design.

Oh that’s a good idea. I have spent hundreds of hours replaying Link to the Past but only dabbled in the N64 and Wii Zelda games.

Back