Going to go Les Paul goldtop hunting soon

primeholy

Roadie
TGF Recording Artist
Im gonna take the 2.5 hour trip to Nashville possibly weekend after next to check out Les Pauls. Right now I want new and goldtop, but if I see another finish that makes my mouth water, I might go with it. Im gonna hit up Gibson Garage, Gruhns, Carters, Corner Music, and Rumble Seat. I was just going to make it a day trip, but my wife wants to get a hotel and stay the night. The les paul I have now was aquired in trade for my Mark IV combo amp. This will be the first time in about 15 years that I go out scouting and buying on site. Hell, I might go check all these out and decide to order from sweetwater.
wanting to keep it around 3 grand so probably going with the 50s standard.

Very cool! Last time I went to the Gibson Garage, I came home with this Les Paul Custom. One tip - even though they have tons circulating overhead, not everything is out. I happened to mention to the guy there that I while I saw some really cool Standards that were tempting, i was holding out for an Alpine White LPC. And he said “we just got one in and were going to put it in the window this week…” So be sure and ask if you don’t see a Gold Top if that’s what you want. (But I bet they have one).

And if you want another shop to check out - look up Blues Vintage Guitars there in Nashville. They’ve had some great new and used guitars as well. I bought a Blue Widow LPC from them…

Happy hunting! Keep us posted!

By the way - nothing quite like feeling that “magic” in your hand, loving the tone and feel, and taking it home. I’ve bought sight unseen from Sweetwater and they’ve turned out fine - but this was the first time one really felt like it had the “it factor” which was cool. 😉

Ended up at Corner Music cause the garage didn’t have what I was looking for. Played through this and the slash goldtop for about an hour and ended up with this
5B234BD2-BD1A-4104-B418-2CA2FE31E644.jpeg

By the way - nothing quite like feeling that “magic” in your hand, loving the tone and feel, and taking it home. I’ve bought sight unseen from Sweetwater and they’ve turned out fine - but this was the first time one really felt like it had the “it factor” which was cool. 😉

When I bought my second R8 I've tried lots of them back and forth and finally made my choice. She was the one!

All excited I give my credit card for the payment and bam! Doesn't work :oops: . AAAAAAAARRRRRRGH WTF

I tell them....Ok I can make an instant bank transfer and they told me it's ok but they can't check it until next week because there's no one in the office that day. OMG :eek:

Was Friday morning and had to wait untill next Tuesday to bring her home.

When I bought my second R8 I've tried lots of them back and forth and finally made my choice. She was the one!

All excited I give my credit card for the payment and bam! Doesn't work :oops: . AAAAAAAARRRRRRGH WTF

I tell them....Ok I can make an instant bank transfer and they told me it's ok but they can't check it until next week because there's no one in the office that day. OMG :eek:

Was Friday morning and had to wait untill next Tuesday to bring her home.
Omg. That would suck!! Glad it worked out and you finally did get her.

Back