Gig report.

JT

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
Played our usual spot this evening. It was a great turnout because it was basically double booked with a class reunion so built in audience from the jump. Played my newer Bumblebee strat and it was FANTASTIC. Seriously. Not as hot of pickups as my V and that strat thing with bonus for ebony board giving it some warmth was :chef.Played like a dream and sounded ridiculous through the BL. I know that's the only amp I talk about around here but I can't help it.

As far as the thread title goes; for some reason they had some MTV2 Headbangers Ball or something of the sort playing on the big screen facing us off to the side. We are a dance/variety band that plays everything from Young MC to ABBA to Shania to AC/DC. I start noticing all these awesome vids playing while we're playing. Love Bites by JP, Can I Play with Madness, Cowboys from Hell. The crowning jewel of this was when were playing YMCA into Sweet Caroline. Lack of Comprehension video is playing on the screen at the same time and I pretty much lost it at that point. Talk about juxtaposition to the nth degree. No one in my band is familiar other than myself but it was something to behold :oops: :rofl

Good gig; love the strat and embraced the cheese. As I headbanged internally to Chuck while playing Neil Diamond :hugitout:sofa:columbo:rofl\m/

I remember cutting class in high school to go watch headbangers ball. My buddy used to video it and we’d all cut and go to his house Monday morning to watch it.

I remember cutting class in high school to go watch headbangers ball. My buddy used to video it and we’d all cut and go to his house Monday morning to watch it.
I never liked Rikki Rachtman. Ugh. But there was some good stuff certainly. There was something for everyone if nothing else. I remember taping it so I could fast forward the Warrant vids so I could get to Megadeth

:rollsafe :satan

What is this Bumblebee Strat and where are the pics?
20220909_064514-jpg.335

MIM, ebony board. Plays great!

I never liked Rikki Rachtman. Ugh. But there was some good stuff certainly. There was something for everyone if nothing else. I remember taping it so I could fast forward the Warrant vids so I could get to Megadeth

Same on the MTV feelins and I will tell you your instincts are correct. Rikki is a complete douchenozzle. He's like a long haired Eddie Trunk except Rikki actually had women hanging around him all the time.

Who the hell is Rikki Rachetman?

hqdefault.jpg

I like Eddie Trunk, I just don’t agree with him on about 1/4 of what comes out of his mouth. Met him at a Ryche show a few years back when I was bearded Drew.

C487A740-B873-4312-A249-920E38F4DA27.jpeg

Back