Ghost does Maiden

JT

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
I am ambivalent towards these guys but I do enjoy some riffs from them from time to time. When I saw they were doing a cover album and saw this would be on it; I was looking forward to it. Vocals still wayyyyyy too processed but they do it great justice musically and I think it fits their style quite nicely.

Love it! Ghost IMO is best when they're doing stuff like this. A few of the super-poppy songs like "Dance Macabre" are just so aggressively meh.
I also maintain that Ghost has one of the coolest band logos I've seen in forever. Possibly the coolest. Whoever designed that needs a big fat tip.

Also, I'm so not up on my Maiden - they're one of my big blind spots when it comes to heavy metal and it brings shame upon my clan.
This may trigger a proper dive into Maiden-land. :rawk

Bored Come On GIF

Ghost remind me so much of that other band that does similar things and wear masks on stage. They both
put me to sleep.

martin freeman yawn GIF

I am actually afraid to listen to this since that is a great Maiden classic and I don't want it tainted. :LOL:

Ghost remind me so much of that other band that does similar things and wear masks on stage. They both
put me to sleep.

martin freeman yawn GIF

I am actually afraid to listen to this since that is a great Maiden classic and I don't want it tainted. :LOL:
Can't say I disagree; though Sleep Token was the follower in this case. And I much prefer the straightforward songwriting of Ghost and the lack of any sort of "heavy" pretenses? ScoobyDoo chase music is a little too precious. But they do this song justice 100%. Whether you want to break that seal or not :oops: :rofl

I saw Ghost live with Metallica, Gojira, Machine Head, Amorphis and Hardcore Superstar in something like 2012. Ghost were the best band of the day IMO. Gojira's machine-like precision was impressive but otherwise I'm not a huge fan. Amorphis is always pretty decent and Hardcore Superstar sucked. Might have missed Machine Head because I have no recollection of them.

That Iron Maiden cover is pretty cool.

I saw Ghost live with Metallica, Gojira, Machine Head, Amorphis and Hardcore Superstar in something like 2012. Ghost were the best band of the day IMO. Gojira's machine-like precision was impressive but otherwise I'm not a huge fan. Amorphis is always pretty decent and Hardcore Superstar sucked. Might have missed Machine Head because I have no recollection of them.

That Iron Maiden cover is pretty cool.
I am on my...3rd listen? They did good with this one. It is 100% missing the vocal balls of the original which is a no brainer. He does a good job in over-sweetening the vocal parts but I am still fan of it.

One of my other absolute favorite covers of Maiden. No worry about lacking balls in this one :satan

This was the other song I expected to be "good" and had heard good things. That "less processed" verse vocal shows why he is usually super effected in his vocal tracks. Chorus stands up good. It helps that it's not some sort of sacred text that he has to compare to

I love Ghost.

Tobias’ vocals may be the weakest part, but usually he is pretty serviceable at least.

I have heard the three released tunes off “Phantomime”, and like them, but I think “Popestar” was a better covers EP (plus “Square Hammer”, of course).

Back