Fractal VP4 Owners Discussion

Whizzinby

Rock Star
TGF Recording Artist
I don’t know what the modeling dorks are going on about over there, but I figure the pedal deserves its own thread in the pedal sub to share ideas and builds, for people that have it.

Currently screwing with this:

IMG_5348.jpeg

Plex Delay is set to Melting Delays. The Plex Delay is an addiction, I need to stop, but it’s such an atmospheric beast. I figured out the key to it is adjusting the Ducking parameter. I’m setting it around 2-3db which makes it settle nice underneath your playing. I’m going to go back and retrofit my other presets with Plex to duck a touch too.

MultiDelay is kinda taking over as my favorite delay block. The L-C-R-C type is dope AF. It’s like the perfected ping pong. In stereo this thing is amazing. Super immersive.

I threw a standard Delay block, with Reverse delay, but I think I’ll throw some “normal” delays in the other channels for those moments you don’t want to be floating with the fellowship above Rivendell.

At some point I will stop using this thing as an ambient-vibe machine, but today will not be that day.

Control wise I think a return knob value to default would be a cool option, but I don’t know where it could be implemented. Brainstorming that. @Fractal M@

Last edited:
How are you liking the factory presets @Whizzinby?

That's the one reason I may end up buying it.

I haven’t spent a ton of time with the factory presets tbh. Like most factory presets there are some that line up with your preferences more than others. There are some cool modulation ones early in the preset list, and LT has some cool vintage rack effects presets.

I largely just jumped in and starting building mine though.

@Fractal M@ Is there any reason other physical button combos can’t be multi-purposed for reordering blocks? Like when you’ve highlighted a block, press Home + Page L to move it left one spot or Save + Page R to move it right one spot? Or one of those combos “grabbing” the block and then using the Select knob to move it left or right however many spots you want? (And repeating the command to release it?)

Futzed with the Flanger and Trem blocks. I wasn’t too much a flanger guy until recently, when I got on the Electric Mistress bandwagon as a change of pace for my Chorus obsession. The mistress is nice in Fractal land for that darker vibe. But, the Stereo Jet and Digital Stereo are damn nice for a big wide image. Jet definitely has more of that underlying whoosh but without being too prominent. Digital Stereo is really cool for when you want a flanger but without sounding too flangery. haha Very much dig this for added texture.

The flanger block in general is kind of wild, since there are like 30+ of them. I didn’t even realize that before, always just defaulting to the Mistress and moving on when dialing in stuff on the Axe.

Trem, unless it’s the onboard Trem of a Fender amp im sitting in front of, I just can’t jive with them. I want to like it, but even backing off the rate and depth it’s just not my thing. Chorus and Flanger are my modulations of choice.

Last edited:
Futzed with the Flanger and Trem blocks. I wasn’t too much a flanger guy until recently, when I got on the Electric Mistress bandwagon as a change of pace for my Chorus obsession. The mistress is nice in Fractal land for that darker vibe. But, the Stereo Jet and Digital Stereo are damn nice for a big wide image. Jet definitely has more of that underlying whoosh but without being too prominent. Digital Stereo is really cool for when you want a flanger but without sounding too flangery. haha Very much dig this for added texture.

The flanger block in general is kind of wild, since there are like 30+ of them. I didn’t even realize that before just defaulting to the Mistress and moving on when dialing in stuff on the Axe.

Trem, unless it’s the onboard Trem of a Fender amp in sitting in front of, I just can’t jive with them. I want to like it, but even backing off the rate and depth it’s just not my thing. Chorus and Flanger are my modulations of choice.
I'm pretty tired tonight, but I've managed to stay stuck on the auto wah setting for the last 20 minutes. :ROFLMAO: Not even changing the preset parameters. Mostly playing clean, stereo out into my interface/DAW. The delays and reverbs are :chef . Choruses, flangers too. I'll dive in deeper as the week goes by, but so far I'm very pleased. I can feel the creative juices flowing with this unit. :guiness

Back