Fractal FM3 Glitches when Changing Reverbs and Delays in Scenes

JCW308

Roadie
Hey guys- what am I missing here with my FM3 Turbo patches....? I have some scenes where I change the reverb and delay types between A-B-C-D. When those changes happen, the new scene gets a full signal from the previously-loaded delays and reverbs and "glitches" (makes weird sounds) until that part of the old signal fades off. How can I fix this?

The CPU usage is low at 65% on my entire patch. It never goes higher.

Thanks for your help!

Hey guys- what am I missing here with my FM3 Turbo patches....? I have some scenes where I change the reverb and delay types between A-B-C-D. When those changes happen, the new scene gets a full signal from the previously-loaded delays and reverbs and "glitches" (makes weird sounds) until that part of the old signal fades off. How can I fix this?

The CPU usage is low at 65% on my entire patch. It never goes higher.

Thanks for your help!
What are your spillover settings?

I ran into a similar issue with the delay block some time ago. Can’t remember exactly what it was, but I want to say it was solved by tweaking the bypass type…. I think.

I think time based effects will always be an issue within a single block. If you're switching between a long reverb to a room reverb, the tail of the long reverb will be cut off. That will never sound natural. Same goes for delays. On the Axe or FM 9 you can run 2 delays and 2 reverbs to get around this.

I think time based effects will always be an issue within a single block. If you're switching between a long reverb to a room reverb, the tail of the long reverb will be cut off. That will never sound natural. Same goes for delays. On the Axe or FM 9 you can run 2 delays and 2 reverbs to get around this.
My problem is the opposite. The first reverb is carrying over and being amplified into the beginning of the second reverb.

Man you are having no luck with fractal right now 😬
Yeah, the EV-1 (in stock that never shipped after I paid $90 for overnight shipping) is still not shipped. No phone call, no e-mail, nothing. Absolutely horrible customer service. I'm not impressed. Actually pretty disappointed in Fractal right now.

That is really abnormal. My interactions with FAS customer service have been same day emails from real people who were very courteous and knowledgable.

Yeah, the EV-1 (in stock that never shipped after I paid $90 for overnight shipping) is still not shipped. No phone call, no e-mail, nothing. Absolutely horrible customer service. I'm not impressed. Actually pretty disappointed in Fractal right now.
Disappointing, yes, but ‘absolutely horrible customer service’ sounds a little dramatic to me.

I would just ask them to refund the overnight shipping charge since you didn’t get what you paid for. On Monday morning, not Saturday night.

It would be a stretch if you got a response on the weekend.
However, I emailed Fractal back on July 16 (a Tuesday) at 2:04pm and Andrew got back to me at 2:25pm.

That is pretty damn fast! Andrew is always great to deal with!

They will get back to you and offer some assistance.

Yeah when did you order the EV and when did you send the email?

IMG_3656.gif

That is really abnormal. My interactions with FAS customer service have been same day emails from real people who were very courteous and knowledgable.
Same here with all my other Fractal purchases (there have been a lot). Very strange.

When did you order it and when did you try contacting them? Shipping and Receiving and Customer Service are closed on weekends.

When did you order it and when did you try contacting them? Shipping and Receiving and Customer Service are closed on weekends.
Hello- the order was placed 8/14. Both items were in stock. The FM3 Turbo shipped and was received (I paid for next day air). The EV-1 never shipped but is still listed as being in stock. I've tried several times to contact them starting on that same day when I saw it only partially shipped.

Hello- the order was placed 8/14. Both items were in stock. The FM3 Turbo shipped and was received (I paid for next day air). The EV-1 never shipped but is still listed as being in stock. I've tried several times to contact them starting on that same day when I saw it only partially shipped.
Hopefully they only charged you for the item that shipped.

Back