Fractal Audio Systems VP4 - Virtual Pedalboard

laxu

Rock Star
The Fractal Audio Systems VP4 is a powerful, compact VIRTUAL PEDALBOARD processor.

It provides four simultaneous effects with a user-friendly experience inspired by traditional guitar pedals. The effects are based on the award-winning Axe-Fx III, with 400+ classic stompbox and studio effects to choose from, including drives, delays, reverbs, choruses, flangers, phasers, pitch, plex, EQs, compressors, wah, tremolo, and many more.

The VP4 is designed to work seamlessly with a traditional amplifier and also excels at providing pre- and/or post-effects with any modeler. Now you can choose your ideal setup and still enjoy Fractal Audio’s legendary effects, vetted by the world’s greatest guitar heroes.

Manual: https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/VP4/VP4-Owners-Manual.pdf

Wiki: https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=VP4

Videos:

Last edited:
cant-stop-wont-stop-dave-chapelle.gif

For anybody coming into this thread cold (as if!): The VP4 is an FX-only 4 footswitch product with a new streamlined UI.

According to Cliff (@FractalAudio), the product focus was on three things: "quality, simplicity and flexibility. Re. quality. It uses premium analog components and converters."

The VP4 offers 4 simultaneous pristine quality effects in addition to noise gate and EQ.

VP4 uses a SoC. It has an ARM Cortex A15 core and a TI C66x DSP core.

I'm far from a hater of Fractal stuff but I'm not super impressed by this product, it has plenty of competition that is better featured like the HX Effects or the stomp XL both having more switches and the effects can control the loop of an amp. The unit also comes with super high quality effects but less variety than the Line 6 options, I'm not sure the premium components story is going to do a lot of heavy lifting for Fractal but who knows, I'm not an expert in this market. The positive side for us axe fx owners is cliff will have to focus on closing the effects gap with line 6 hopefully. Anyways feel free to disagree, I have no horse in this race since this thing is clearly not for me.

Back