FM9 Turbo MKII Announcing next week.

CorrosiveMatter

Groupie
Matt is the Director of Corporate Development at Fractal Audio Systems.Only thing I know so far is bigger scribble strips, screen looks the same to me.

1706915104476.png

1706915262544.png

Maybe I’m wrong, but I doubly Matt or Cliff would appreciate this being “leaked.”

Edit: looks like it was a public message. That one’s on Matt.

Do we have any idea [yet] if as well as the bigger scripts ... it has more "juice under the hood" (?)

Ben

Do we have any idea [yet] if as well as the bigger scripts ... it has more "juice under the hood" (?)

Ben
No sir. I only saw some people talking about the new one being seen at NAMM being used by an artist and pics from those that saw it being out there. Today on the Facebook group I saw the above and no other details. The big reason I posted today was the Fractal guy saying it was going to be announced early next week.
Was the first official thing I had seen.

No sir. I only saw some people talking about the new one being seen at NAMM being used by an artist and pics from those that saw it being out there. Today on the Facebook group I saw the above and no other details. The big reason I posted today was the Fractal guy saying it was going to be announced early next week.
Was the first official thing I had seen.

It’s just the mark 2 FC12 chassis , no changes to the FM9 turbo other than hardware

From memory (?) ..... when the FM3 Scribble Script size's were increased ... wasn't the unit itself also given a power-boost at the same time (?)

Ben

From memory (?) ..... when the FM3 Scribble Script size's were increased ... wasn't the unit itself also given a power-boost at the same time (?)

Ben
I think so but the FM9 got a power boost without the larger scribble strips. And the FM3's power boost was just using the same chip the FM9 has already gotten iirc. This is almost certainly just a scribble strip upgrade. I'd love to be wrong though.

I'm stupid, but it makes sense to me that they would've used up the smaller scribble strips they had on the FM9 and update it last (of course they will have them available for repairs). If they'd used them on the FM3, for example, we'd be getting an FM3 mark II sometime around 2036.

Awesome! I still only hit like 60%-70% CPU on my 1st gen FM9 with some pretty extreme presets. Still though, love to see them constantly improving both the firmware at a rapid pace and the hardware as well.

Back