FM3 help please?

Ledvedder

Groupie
I've been trying for quite some time now to get some tones that inspire me in a band context. I'm a classic rock to 90s hard rock kind of guy. I play a Suhr Pete Thorn Signature guitar, as well as a PRS DGT and a few superstrats. As far as amps, I have a 50 watt plexi, and 20 watt JCM800 style head, a Trainwreck Express clone, and a 5153 50 watt head. On my FM3, I dial in some tones that sound good through my home studio monitors (Kali Audio LP-6). Then, when I play them through the band PA or my Fender FR12, it just doesn't seem the same.

I guess what I'm asking is if anyone would be willing to share a good "Marshall-y" preset that works well for them in most situations? I'm really trying to make this FM3 work for me.

On my FM3, I dial in some tones that sound good through my home studio monitors (Kali Audio LP-6). Then, when I play them through the band PA or my Fender FR12, it just doesn't seem the same.
I’d highly recommend dialing in your presets on whatever monitors you’ll be using them on, and at the volume you’ll be playing it. So dial in your live presets at gig volume.

They likely won’t translate 100% to the other monitors, so you may need to have separate presets for both your studio monitors and the FR12. I know that sounds counterintuitive, but that’s the reality of “FRFRs” and studio monitors. No two monitoring solutions sound the same, especially at different volume levels.

Last edited:
you have to tweak your tones loud, very loud.

I your band has his ears own pa, take some time to dial them with it.

Also learn about fletcher Munson curve.

It takes times to k ow how to dial guitar tones at high volume but when your ears is used to it it will be easy

I am kind of shocked. With that level of gear, and the quality of it, I expect
you to know your stuff and be a really good player. Sounds out of the FM3
should be as easy as pie to get. :idk

I really love the Justin York Gift of Tone Preset that includes a killer Marshall
Scene. I mostly roll my own Marshall based presets and play in a 2 guitar band
where they shine.

Good luck! :beer

Maybe I am confusing some of your other gear churns with this one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Like everyone has said; dial them in LOUD through either your "flattest" monitor or whatever you are going to use for your stage monitor. Or both :satan

Back