First Post Ever.... Best Week Of Monitoring TGF

I've been keeping up with TGF posts for about two years now and this is my first post.
I just want to say that this past week has been some of the most fun I've had....
The anticipation just waiting for the next TOP TMP post, the emotional outcries, and watching someone with fake glasses try to give
a WIKI class on aliasing... This week has been a blast.

I just want to thank all of the TGF members that made it happen this week.... You guys ROCK!
Welcome @redsnapper !!! Happy to have you here!

PS Every time I hear “red snapper” it always reminds me of this classic :rofl

Dill of course!
Season 11 Friends GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Disclaimer: I like sweet picklers too although I struggle to relate to their tastebuds

Welcome @redsnapper !!! Happy to have you here!

PS Every time I hear “red snapper” it always reminds me of this classic :rofl

Thanks @SwirlyMaple , glad to be here.... Well, I've been peeking in here for awhile, but after this week's dramatic events, I just had to start my posting history here. I'm a Software Engineer by day, so my posting record will be slow due to time constraints... Just be easy on me.

By the way, rednapper came about in high school in the 80's.... I was nicknamed that because everyone said I was the rootinest, tootinest homre in Georgia... LOL!

Shit, if ya didn’t say you were a software engineer I’d think Brent Hinds just signed up!

+1. Usenet was legitness back in the day. Anyone you were talking to ha to have their sh*t together enough to be able to figure out how to login and post. Now they will let just anyone on the internet.

I’ve been citing internet + cellphones as the cause of the change of “The internet is a fun place to be” to “The internet is my punching bag”

You used to have a computer, a separate phone line, an ISP (AOL for a lot of us) and the desire to sit there and find your interests on archaic or non-existent search engines. I think people were more less inclined to shit all over the place as a result of actually putting time into something they enjoy, rather than putting effort into something just to go bitch.

+1. Usenet was legitness back in the day. Anyone you were talking to had to have their sh*t together enough to be able to figure out how to login and post. Now they will let just anyone on the internet.
Usenet and dial-up BBS. You had to have an IQ above 125 to even access the Internet back then.

Then someone flipped a switch, and now..

giphy.gif

Welcome, RS! You a Menatone fan, or Fishing/Food fan.... or both?? :idk

Fellow 55'er here. :beer
Thanks @la szum. That's one pedal company I have not tried any of their flavors... Yeah I love to fish.... Got a pond in the backyard!
Part of growing up here in the burbs of the ATL. Finally get to try the new Catalinbread DLS Deluxe and the UA Lion this weekend. Yeah I know no MIDI or headphones on UA pedals, but not needed in my studio.

Welcome @redsnapper, you will find this place is riddled with laughter
We love gear, music and we love to laugh also drama here is nearly non existent
Best watering hole and fine folks anywhere on the Internet

:beer
Thanks @Stone. Yeah I've lurked around here long enough to know the main players and pretty much what everybody likes/don't like, etc. I figured it was time to chime in....I love the humor and camaraderie in this pub.

Back