First I Was Afraid, I Was Petrified, Thinking, WHERE DID I LEAVE MY PHONE???

TSJMajesty

Rock Star
Oh man, what a scare!! It's getting dark, I'm working outside dragging a tree that fell across my lane to the burn pile..., rushing to get done.

Did I set it on my truck, not thinking, did I leave it at the store? I was talking to the sales guy while swiping my cc, and I had my phone in my hand... Shit, what time do they close?

I'll call somebody to get them to call my phone. Nope. Maybe I can email someone. Who checks their email on a Sunday night?

Fuck, fuck, FUCK!!

Oh shit, here it is.

Never again. Which is what I said last time. And I'm thinking, Isn't it ironic how Dave asked about backing up just recently. My phone's not backed up. Life in the tech age.

Oh man, what a scare!! It's getting dark, I'm working outside dragging a tree that fell across my lane to the burn pile..., rushing to get done.

Did I set it on my truck, not thinking, did I leave it at the store? I was talking to the sales guy while swiping my cc, and I had my phone in my hand... Shit, what time do they close?

I'll call somebody to get them to call my phone. Nope. Maybe I can email someone. Who checks their email on a Sunday night?

Fuck, fuck, FUCK!!

Oh shit, here it is.

Never again. Which is what I said last time. And I'm thinking, Isn't it ironic how Dave asked about backing up just recently. My phone's not backed up. Life in the tech age.

Glad you found it! That is stressful. :beer

My son seems to lose his (usually in the couch or his bed!) about once a week and has a
borderline panic attack about it.

We are not very self-reliant these days, are we? :idk

Glad you found it! That is stressful. :beer

My son seems to lose his (usually in the couch or his bed!) about once a week and has a
borderline panic attack about it.

I’ve left my phone at home a few times; small inconvenience lol

If I didn’t carry two phones at all times I’d have lost one or the other a long time ago. I leave them in ceilings NONSTOP at work, on top of roofs, inside AC units, etc.

Pretty sure I mentioned it in a PM, but a few months ago I had to come in for an emergency with a door not locking, go home after and apparently skipped my nightly ritual of charging my work phone because getting ready for work the next day I realize work phone is missing and I start FREAKING OUT. 12 hours without it when I’m the emergency contact in 6 commercial buildings?!?

Look all over the place at work, I’m calling it and it’s still ringing but no one is answering. I’m looking at camera footage to see if I can see where I put it or who took it, writing my assistant to have her switch my line to an old phone and updating all the vendors I was in talks with at the time. Boss comes into work and says “The cleaners found your phone last night, I told them to hang onto it. I didn’t tell you because you need to learn not to be so concerned about the property 100% of the time” :rofl

Ok, that’s great…..but maybe pick a time when I’m not on call!!!!!

I could've dealt without it.

It was the thought of losing my Notes (I take notes of all sorts of things, then maybe once a year I'll organize them..., mostly work related, time it took to do X), and my contacts that mostly freaked me out.

I use pen and paper the other day… I don’t think I’ve done that since I retired a whole lot.

However, it was standard practice for me every day to have a yellow legal pad on my right side with a pen ready to take notes or jot down thoughts.

I think I’m going back to pen and paper 📝

I’m sure everyone’s got their own ratio of self-reliance/convenience. My cutoff point for self-reliance is generally tied to how much of a pain in the ass a situation will be if I don’t have my cellphone. I can handle flat tires, dead batteries, etc on my own, but other car failures where I need a tow I definitely don’t want to have to be relying on a stranger to let me use their phone while I look up the number to Geico to request roadside assistance when I can do the same thing in 2 button pushes from my cell.

But I still like to “see where this road goes” when I’m driving in unfamiliar areas, I have a good sense of direction and it’s like a game sometimes, but it does indeed strike me as odd that the majority of my friends do not observe signs anymore. :rofl They still tell you which direction to go in, sometimes more accurately than an app, especially when lanes are splitting or exits are running parallel to the highway!

Back