Fender Tonemaster Amps with Drive pedals?

For me it's fuzz pedals that don't work well run into modelers yet, most drive pedals sound fine. Big muffs work too but vintage style fuzz faces and tone benders do sound very harsh into any modeller I've tried so far.

Yeah, fuzz is a tricky beast. I only like fuzz when everything in the entire signal chain is analog. Digital kills fuzz

Yeah it’s funny how so many people say that tube amps are all warm and never harsh.

The reality of a spanky strat into a cleanish blackface amp with the treble turned up is rather different 😅

No kidding! Some of the harshest tones I’ve ever heard have been tube amps.

I remember seeing a guy play a show with a NMV Marshall and an LP and they wouldn’t let him crank the amp because of volume. So he was playing an old Plexi with a crazy bright cap value at low volumes.

An LP into a Marshall and it was the worst sound I ever heard

Yeah, fuzz is a tricky beast. I only like fuzz when everything in the entire signal chain is analog. Digital kills fuzz

Yeah I get a lot of unpleast artifacts mixed in with the fuzz when I run it into a Helix or hx stomp in front of an amp. Remove the hx stomp from the equation and the fuzz sounds fine again. I get the same results with germanium or silicon fuzz faces and germanium tone benders.

I've had success with a FF into Helix, especially in Native. Running into the dripman model.

If I play around with it and apply extra eq I can make it sound ok into helix but it never sounds right. I think some of the problem is to do with impedance, I get some of the same issues with an OCD or love pedal eternity into helix that I do with a fuzz face.

I've never owned a fuzz pedal! I'd be curious to pick one up as they seem like fun but have no idea where to start. Almost got a Swollen Pickle a couple weeks ago. Also been looking at the Big Muff Op Amp because Siamese Dream.

I have the TM Deluxe Reverb that I converted to the "blonde" version. It sounds great with dirt pedals and anything else I throw at it, just a great all around gigging amp. It LOVES the Boss SD-1. 😎

Back