Favorite reverb pedals

Hands down the best plate I've ever heard.

View attachment 24375

Giving that a long look. Demos Sound great. Debating this + the Soft Focus.

Phwaorrrrrr.... I forgot the Ventris.

Yeah. Fickle the bigle Sklcike. Get the Ventrois.

I’m not sure why Ive never given this a proper look. Checks all the boxes. My internal debate is just trying the Meris MX for like $20 more, but bubble menus all that… :ROFLMAO:

You ever use the H9/90?

Hands down the best plate I've ever heard.

View attachment 24375
Seriously? I adore plates… they are my favorite type of always on for guitar. Is it REALLY that good? Have you tried a bunch of plates? I might need to check this out.

What are “side-chain effects?” SW mentions them but that’s a new term for me…. Intriguing.

Last edited:
  • Dead simple: Strymon Flint. The spring is not the best, but the plate and hall are very nice.
  • Right side of complex + delay. Source Audio Collider.
  • Probably more than you want out of a reverb: Strymon Nightsky.

Seriously?

I'm not only the hair club president...
I'm also a client.

20240624_075046.jpg

Dead simple: Strymon Flint. The spring is not the best, but the plate and hall are very nice.
I realy want a Flint.
The perfect duo with the El Capistan, I will need nothing more for time+space effects.
But darn Strymon are expensive so one collects them slowly.

I realy want a Flint.
The perfect duo with the El Capistan, I will need nothing more for time+space effects.
But darn Strymon are expensive so one collects them slowly.
I'm going to Japan again next month and I'm thinking of bringing back an El Cap V2 just because it's a good chunk cheaper than over here. I want to see if it will work as a "smaller Volante" type thing for me.

There's something to like about everything they make, but they are definitely expensive. I think the Source Audio Collider is a better reverb pedal than the Flint, but it's also much more complicated.

I'm going to Japan again next month and I'm thinking of bringing back an El Cap V2 just because it's a good chunk cheaper than over here. I want to see if it will work as a "smaller Volante" type thing for me.

There's something to like about everything they make, but they are definitely expensive. I think the Source Audio Collider is a better reverb pedal than the Flint, but it's also much more complicated.

I’d like to add a tape delay to my board and am flip flopping between the El Cap and Volante. The El Cap seems to have a unique vibe and character to it, while the Volante seems more hifi and polished.

I’d like to add a tape delay to my board and am flip flopping between the El Cap and Volante. The El Cap seems to have a unique vibe and character to it, while the Volante seems more hifi and polished.

That's kind of all Strymon offerings for me. I think they lack on some of the vibey-ness and warmth
of the things they are modelling. I hear it in the Meris stuff, too. Like a pic of someone's face where
the little creases, wrinkles, and a mole may be photoshopped out. :LOL:

I also vote Volante if you have the room/space. It's the only Strymon I still own, and have repurchased
to keep. Because Echorec. :chef

IMO, you can’t go wrong with either. I dig both a lot but consider the Volante a work of art. The Studio Reel-to-Reel is incredible and worth the price of admission alone. Drum and Tape modes are nice too.

El Cap is great for tape alone as well. Far from sterile, it is one of a kind IMO.

That's kind of all Strymon offerings for me. I think they lack on some of the vibey-ness and warmth
of the things they are modelling. I hear it in the Meris stuff, too. Like a pic of someone's face where
the little creases, wrinkles, and a mole may be photoshopped out. :LOL:

I also vote Volante if you have the room/space. It's the only Strymon I still own, and have repurchased
to keep. Because Echorec. :chef
IMO, you can’t go wrong with either. I dig both a lot but consider the Volante a work of art. The Studio Reel-to-Reel is incredible and worth the price of admission alone. Drum and Tape modes are nice too.

El Cap is great for tape alone as well. Far from sterile, it is one of a kind IMO.

And here I was almost decided on the El Cap :ROFLMAO:

Me looking at the El Cap and Volante

Surprise Wow GIF

Back