EVH 4X12 100 watt cab users…

I have never played one, but took notice when George Lynch mentioned they were his favourite new production cabs, among those sounding closest to old Marshall ones apparently.

At only 100 watts I wouldn't put a 100 watt tube head through it for very long at high volume.

I have played one and it gave out quite early. By this I mean the speaker compress and distorted in a non musical way.

At only 100 watts I wouldn't put a 100 watt tube head through it for very long at high volume.

I have played one and it gave out quite early. By this I mean the speaker compress and distorted in a non musical way.
I don’t think I’ll be pushing more than 25-50 watts max. But good to know…

AMAZING sounding cabs and speakers. Basically a 70’s Marshall 1970B construction but with some of the best sounding Greenbacks Celestion has made. Celestion rates their speakers pretty conservatively, I’d be very surprised if you run into issues with most modern amps

Excellent sounding cabinet, and from my experience has had no problems with handling full gigs at reasonable volume levels.
But if you are lugging this thing around a lot then be mindful that it's not on the lighter side.
Overall though it's worth it, I think.

GAS building.

hungry-stomach-growling.gif

Back