Eric Valentine

MirrorProfiles

Shredder
Dude is a total legend, his approach to making records just oozes love and passion for what he's doing and it really shows.

His youtube channel is pretty great, somewhat easy to get drawn into the technical stuff and overlook his musical and arrangement contributions which are a massive part of his productions.

As well as his own youtube channel, this little sound on sound series (specifically on recording guitars) is cool. Just kind of reminds me how cool real amp and real mics and real rooms and desks etc all are. As much as I love modelling, you can't really approach sounds in the same way as you can here (at least not without sucking all the fun out). In a lot of ways, you could probably get a very similar sound totally in the box with less effort but the journey to get there wouldn't feel as intuitive.

I started buying fiberglass pipe insulation because of his videos. He’s not pushing any products, other than his own Undertone Audio stuff, which is a nice change of pace from other channels.

The mix breakdowns are the best of its kind for my tastes.

Legend!

Kind of interesting where he has ended up now, and the kind of
music he seems most passionate about given where he started as
a Proggy-Metal kid.

I remember hearing the first thing he produced. I worked in a
Music Retail Store in 1990-93 and when I heard that T-Ride Album
the Production on it just blew my mind. Sounded so clean, fresh, and
unique for that time. It was that

Back