EQD Dispatch Master - anybody enjoying one of these?

jellodog

Rock Star
Now most of you on here seem to enjoy your big old RAWK tones; but perhaps there is someone that enjoys a nice clean ambient tone from time to time here?

@the swede ... is that you?

So the EQD Dispatch Master - have you tried it; and if so .... thoughts?

I appreciate that it's just another FV-1 spin chip like most of the other reverb / delay pedals and that it's more than a decade old now, but is it still a classic?

I like what I hear online.

Also wondering if it noticeably changes the dry tone part of the blended signal when engaged. That sort of thing really annoys me.

What am I looking for? Well I already have high quality delay and reverb devices, but by all accounts the Dispatch Master has a sweet and musical quality to it. I feel that I'm looking for that when I'm in an ambient mood. Something different.

Last edited:
amazing pedal. i sold it when i bought my helix and then rebought it because its that good and i missed it. instant ambient awesomeness.

its perfect pair is the afterneath, that combo gets my pants tight every time.

amazing pedal. i sold it when i bought my helix and then rebought it because its that good and i missed it. instant ambient awesomeness.

its perfect pair is the afterneath, that combo gets my pants tight every time.

Ooh. I will add you to my mental list of ambient / clean TGF peeps where @the swede already resides.

My only issue with it was sometimes running a drive or fuzz in front of it would cause
the pedal to clip. But man, I don't think you can do better for all in one mostly clean
ambient machine.

I’m starting to move away from snagging drives/fuzzes and need to start focusing on time based/modulation stuff. I’ve been really curious about EQD pedals, they’ve definitely got some stuff that answers the “What’s next?” question in regards to pedals. There was one delay they did a limited run of, I think it was a collaboration pedal….the Time Shadows, that sounded cool as f*ck but they were sold out by the time I found out about them.

GC has a ton of EQD stuff in stock, I need to go in and just deal with the salesmen to hear how they sound.

Yes, I'm increasingly attracted to simple.

Typing that ^^^ looking at the FM3, then back at my mini pedalboard

Phuq. Amazon just make it too easy to press that button.

Arriving tomorrow. One of the few benefits of living near a major airport and distribution centre, I suppose.

Thanks all that commented here for your... uh... enableing encouragement. 😄

Spin chip incoming!

Back