Entire Rig on a Rack

Achilles

Rock Star
Since getting the 10" cab and slowly getting my hearing back I've been trying to optimize the setup. Today might be the first day in a couple weeks where I don't touch the thing anymore - I think this is gonna work. The cab sounds good right in this spot - back feet are off so it's tilted up a bit and the slight angle away from the wall is really key. It doesn't sound nearly as good completely parallel. The height off the floor took a lot of trial and error too.

20231215_073624.jpg

Last edited:
December 6th vs 15th - there was at least 6 iterations in between.

20231206_140928.jpg
20231215_073624-jpg.15796

These racks with the little 2 piece plastic shelf holders are great.
So easy to muck with plus good ventilation for tubes.

Reactions: Elf
Blew it all up again. :rofl Hearing has improved to the point that the 10" cab ain't staying. No matter which amp or pre-amp I use with it there's that common slight fizz you get when you mix a 10 and high gain. Found a place on Reverb that's right up in LA that sells empty cabs and their 1 x 12 is only 1/4" less wide than the Ares. They will look good together.

cab.jpg

Anyone need a 10" open back Boogie cab? (y)

Man I hate cable management but also hate seeing cables. I made some “makeshift” snakes for my amps when connected to my amp switcher using zip ties and the flexible stuff IT guys use. Got a label maker and labeled each cable end.
I love cable management, lol.

Here’s a snake I built, just for home. It’s only 6’ long. 4CM, midi, and IEC power, lol.

Attachments

• IMG_7118.jpeg
    IMG_7118.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 25
This is a tidy setup, but I can’t imagine it wouldn’t rattle like crazy at higher volumes or if you played with a drummer. For home use or recording though, it’s great.

Revision 26.004.23.d
:grin

The little Mackie monitors were on sale and fit good. Slapped a spare logo on the cab while waiting on the black cloth.
I can't see wasting a shelf just to have a head sitting on it collecting dust - I got nice covers for both of them.
Also moved the pre-amp to the cabinet top - getting ready for St. Rock to deliver the new toy and that's the spot for it.

I finally got enough high end hearing back to put the cab back on the floor. Felt stupid with up on a shelf. :facepalm

20231224_133710.jpg

Back