EMG 81 - fell out of favor (for me)

Cool guitar. This thread and your guitar is making me want to update a partscaster I've had for a minute. It's a soloist body with recessed Floyd/Schaller with an old 80's Kramer neck. Problem is the neck is thin and it has a crack around the locking nut screws. It's beyond what I want to fix because I don't particular like the neck shape anymore. Anyways, I think I'm gonna get a new neck and put my old EMG S and 81 in it. Why not. I may even repaint the body with another color but still keep the striping background. Here it is in its current state:

View attachment 23935

How are those Parallel Axis pickups on there? I'd love to know how well that particular neck pickup balances with the bridge.

How are those Parallel Axis pickups on there? I'd love to know how well that particular neck pickup balances with the bridge.
I like the neck pickup a lot. It's fat and clear with good bite. Takes gain very well. I'm not really sold on the HB though. It's the Original version. Not bad, just not my kind of thing in the mids with this guitar -- hard to say why exactly. It may work better in another guitar though, not giving up on it yet.

Back