EHX + JHS Lizard Queen Octave Fuzz

SubApathy

Groupie
EHX and JHS collaborated and brought us the Lizard Queen, an octave fuzz.

Mass produced version:
lizard-queen-1.jpg

Limited bog box version:
JHS-Lizard-Queen-square-0001.jpg

JHS-Lizard-Queen-product-square-0002.jpg

JHS-Lizard-Queen-product-square-0003.jpg

I watched the livestream last night and thought this was pretty cool, not just the pedal, but how they put in a good amount of effort to get around the scalpers for the limited ones. I actually laughed at loud in a “Take that!” kinda way when they were talking about the carbon copy invoice, “You can scalp it, but your name is going to be on it unless you just throw away one of the things that makes it collectible” Perfect!!

Yeah, that's all a bit precious given how Josh has inflated and driven up prices on SO many different FX Pedals. :facepalm

In my opinion. :crazy

Yeah, that's all a bit precious given how Josh has inflated and driven up prices on SO many different FX Pedals. :facepalm

In my opinion. :crazy

Hey, the best way to prevent scalping is to release a limited edition version of a pedal that also has a even more super duper limited version of them randomly mixed in. Duh. Who is laughing (all the way to the bank) now?

#nukem

Last edited:
Aaaaaand, already stirrin' up some sh*t.

Apparently it's not an original circuit, and Instagram comments pointing it out were deleted by whoever runs JHS' social media. Rumors are EHX might not actually be aware of this.

Classic Josh?

Why would he even pull such things after trying to clear his name, given his "murky" past?

It's beyond me, tbh.

Apparently it's not an original circuit, and Instagram comments pointing it out were deleted by whoever runs JHS' social media. Rumors are EHX might not actually be aware of this.

Classic Josh?

Why would he even pull such things after trying to clear his name, given his "murky" past?

It's beyond me, tbh.
laughs in Vertex

Classic Josh?

It's beyond me, tbh.
It's apparently based off a 50 year old circuit found in a text book.

Classic Josh?

It's beyond me, tbh.

I’m not sure what I enjoy more, the passing off of a known DIY circuit as an original design, or releasing a limited edition version with an even more limited edition version of it mixed in, to prevent “scalping”.

Yuck.

Last edited:

Classic Josh?

It's beyond me, tbh.

That’d be pretty crazy if EHX didn’t know about it, considering they’re the ones building the $99 version of the pedal and even the limited edition one says Electro Harmonix right on it and there’s promo shots of Josh and Mike from EHX holding the pedal. :rofl

Josh detailed the circuit in the livestream the day it was announced, as well as who was building what. I LOVE how the internet just makes sh*t up and runs with it while the actual facts are readily available. Just like Josh’s “murky” past, which is 100% internet BS. :ROFLMAO:

It's apparently based off a 50 year old circuit found in a text book.
So… like nearly every fuzz pedal ever built, then?:idk

Was JHS in any way misleading about the lineage of this circuit? He usually can’t stop talking LOL. And is it on anyone other than the buyers that we can’t seem to get enough of sniffing nigh indistinguishable corks?

Back