Drummers?

Attachments

• IMG_1072.JPG
    IMG_1072.JPG
    795 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1076.JPG
    IMG_1076.JPG
    842.7 KB · Views: 12
Looks like you have the snare on a separate stand?

I do. one of the things I kept seeing in reviews was how weak the cantilever snare arm was and, how wobbly the rack was as a result. So I found a Nitro max rack/cage online brand new and dirt cheap so I grabbed it and installed the cross members down low. It stiffened the cage up considerably. Also, the cage is short. I'm 6'4" so I had to set mine up on furniture risers.

I have a small laptop off to the side on a table with EZdrummer 3 and Superior 3 on it but honestly Kit #3 on the Alesis brain sounds so bad ass that I haven't used them yet. Also, the ride cymbal is the only one I can get to choke :idk

Attachments

• IMG_1075.JPG
    IMG_1075.JPG
    661 KB · Views: 10
I do. one of the things I kept seeing in reviews was how weak the cantilever snare arm was and, how wobbly the rack was as a result. So I found a Nitro max rack/cage online brand new and dirt cheap so I grabbed it and installed the cross members down low. It stiffened the cage up considerably. Also, the cage is short. I'm 6'4" so I had to set mine up on furniture risers.

I have a small laptop off to the side on a table with EZdrummer 3 and Superior 3 on it but honestly Kit #3 on the Alesis brain sounds so bad ass that I haven't used them yet. Also, the ride cymbal is the only one I can get to choke :idk
Looks great....I'm only 6' so doubt I need the risers, but I'll have to see about the cantilever when it comes. I have SD3 as well, and planned on playing through that, but who knows. Glad to hear you like how it sounds......can't wait to get it!

Reactions: Axe
Looks great....I'm only 6' so doubt I need the risers, but I'll have to see about the cantilever when it comes. I have SD3 as well, and planned on playing through that, but who knows. Glad to hear you like how it sounds......can't wait to get it!

You want to be sure to turn your beater around so the felt does NOT contact the head and be sure to use nylon tip sticks. Apparently wood tipped sticks fray the mesh heads in no time flat.

You want to be sure to turn your beater around so the felt does NOT contact the head and be sure to use nylon tip sticks. Apparently wood tipped sticks fray the mesh heads in no time flat.
I was watching a vid about the Nitro and the guy mentioned about using the plastic side of the beater, but didn't know about the sticks so thanks for that. I also found a used Nitro rack on ebay, so went ahead and got that, and have a snare stand on the way as well........just need to get some sticks and I'll be set. Should be fun.......
biggrin.gif

Back