Do Something Challenge Off-Season Thread 2024

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
Not sure what happened to the original off-season/Directors Cut thread, but here’s a new one.

Do something outside the timeframe of a season? Post it here.

Redo something done inside the timeframe of a season?
Post it here.

Find @FuzzyAce’s credit card number?
Post it here.

@riffy?
Post it here.

I took the template that I built for the challenge weiners and have started outputting cover songs using that template. Here is the first one I have posted "Fly Like An Eagle" by Steve Miller! Check it out ;~))

Recorded live in studio. No overdubs. All parts played live in a single take. Only post production was adding a chorus effect on the chorus parts (how appropriate), a touch of auto correct on the vocals and some mastering/eq/compression/limiting of the final stereo track. Guitar was my PRS McCarty 594 HBII WL. It and the vocals were fed through the Axe FXIII Turbo.

Here's a lil somethin that started out as an entry for last season...

I did a cover from one of my favorite local bands from back in the day. It was going so well that I wanted to keep working on it at the end of the week so I didn't submit it. I reached out to the original drummer, a good friend of mine, and he's working on recording the drum track on an e-kit and sending it to me via midi. I'll post the final version soon hopefully.

I found a picture of me sitting in on the song and used it for the album art. The drummer, bass player and guitarist make up the Sciannas... I'm the guitarist hiding on the far left next to the Vikings fan...
Sweeet danger original.JPG

here's a link to the original studio recording by the Sciannas

Last edited:

I did a cover from one of my favorite local bands from back in the day. It was going so well that I wanted to keep working on it at the end of the week so I didn't submit it. I reached out to the original drummer, a good friend of mine, and he's working on recording the drum track on an e-kit and sending it to me via midi. I'll post the final version soon hopefully.

I found a picture of me sitting in on the song and used it for the album art. The drummer, bass player and guitarist make up the Sciannas... I'm the guitarist hiding on the far left next to the Vikings fan...
View attachment 21362

Cool tune Sleezy! I dig the remake and I bet they were a fun band.

View attachment 21362

Wow! One of my best friends is a Scianna. He's an old school Sicilian badass! :beer

Back