Do Something Challenge Off-Season Thread 2024

Wow! One of my best friends is a Scianna. He's an old school Sicilian badass! :beer
Haha. The bass and guitar player were the brothers Scianna, actually. They named the band after themselves.

Very fun group of guys. We would always book shows together and we would DRINK. but hey.. early 20's, all that.

I jammed with the drummer for years later in a dad rock/cover band thing

Here we are in probably 2003ish when I had hair!
This picture is old enough to drink, yeeesh
PICT0073.JPG

Not 100% certain but it sounds like a whammy on the original. You did a great job! Love it!

Specifically, the Whammy effect in the XP-100.

digitech-xp-100-whammy-wah-xl.jpg

Whammy fans hated these things because they didn’t track/feel/sound like the OG Whammy’s, but the Korn guys loved them for that exact reason and I think Munky has even said the newer Whammy’s are too clean so he keeps tracking these down.

Specifically, the Whammy effect in the XP-100.

digitech-xp-100-whammy-wah-xl.jpg

Whammy fans hated these things because they didn’t track/feel/sound like the OG Whammy’s, but the Korn guys loved them for that exact reason and I think Munky has even said the newer Whammy’s are too clean so he keeps tracking these down.

The QC even has a whammy. It would've been easy enough to set it.

I wasn't entirely happy the Sustainiac takes just a small moment to get going from when you press a fret because it sounds slightly stilted. I guess the reall pro move would've been to just hold down the lowest note and used the Floyd-Rose to stretch out the other notes.

Last edited:
The QC even has a whammy. It would've been easy enough to set it.

I wasn't entirely happy the Sustainiac takes just a small moment to get going from when you press a fret because I sounds slightly stilted. I guess the reall pro move would've been to just hold down the lowest note and used the Floyd-Rose to stretch out the other notes.

I’m very envious of the Sustainiac, I’ve wanted one (or a Sustainer) in a guitar for years now! Using it for the Whammy effect is pretty clever. I think with the Sustainer you can pick how quickly the note starts sustaining/feeding back, but I think it might be a fast/slow thing, I can’t remember.

But speaking of pros, Floyd’s and Sustainers-

I’m very envious of the Sustainiac, I’ve wanted one (or a Sustainer) in a guitar for years now! Using it for the Whammy effect is pretty clever. I think with the Sustainer you can pick how quickly the note starts sustaining/feeding back, but I think it might be a fast/slow thing, I can’t remember.

But speaking of pros, Floyd’s and Sustainers-

If I didn't have the Sustainiac set to the harmonic mode I would've picked the note and let it ring. The thing with it being in harmonic is if I picked the note it would sound in the lower, true register first before ringing into the octave higher so I had to just finger the fret and let the Sustainiac ring it itself.

In retrospect I'm not even sure it needed to be in harmonic mode. I think it's ringing an octave higher than the actual song. There's a mode between harmonic and normal that is like a mix of both. I think that's what I should've used.

Vai is legend at using this. I really should start practicing this with jazz harmonies and things. Play Autumn Leaves using nothing but the Floyd-Rose etc.

Oh ok. I like it.
Yeah.. cool story there.

I learned that little instrumental off watching the video. Found a suitable drum track and recorded my take on it.. then couldn't figure out how a bass line should be played to it.

Contacted Curt Mitchell and linked him my recorded version with just drums & guitar.. Curt laid down the bass and sent me the WAV file.

:chef

Yeah.. cool story there.

I learned that little instrumental off watching the video. Found a suitable drum track and recorded my take on it.. then couldn't figure out how a bass line should be played to it.

Contacted Curt Mitchell and linked him my recorded version with just drums & guitar.. Curt laid down the bass and sent me the WAV file.

:chef
Awesome, that was cool of him to do that!

• 100%
Reactions: PLX
Last year, on 4/20, I wrote a song titled "Happy 4 Score" and I think I entered it in the challenge. I thought about releasing it then, but did not do so formally as the timeframe was too much for me. Well, today, I am going to release it. Working on the video right now but wanted to post the audio, artwork and lyrics so that those so inclined (to listen to my drivel) could enjoy it on this "special" day! So here you go, those who breathe the flow, "Happy 4 Score" ;~))

Happy 4 Score
Happy4Score_2024Apr20_v007_1200x1200.jpg

Happy 4 Score - Copyright April 20, 2023 - ANO Publishing, LLC - All Rights Reserved

<Verse 1>
Happy day fine people
The ones who are not sheeple
Who love the taste of freedom
We feel the THC run

Hello to my tokers
All the vipers and the rollers
Aloha to my bongers
Pack a bowl and smoke stronger

<Chorus>
Happy four twenty
I hope you all got plenty
I pray you paid only pennies
And that it hit you intensely
Happy four twenty
To my brothers and my sisters
To the spleef King Misters
The medicine for lifes blisters

<Verse 2>
Knock on the door of the future
Do we need some sutures
To stitch up the reducers
Who are all hate tutors

Stand one like a family
Breathe deep and live happily
Give all your love till your last breath
Let me puff till I'm at death

<Chorus>
Happy four twenty
And that you toke it intensely

Happy four twenty
The mad medicine twisters

<Instrumental>

<Bridge>
Oh man I think I gonna laugh
Ha ha check out all that gas
Puff give cause it help me to live
It's my sanity preservative

<Chorus>
Happy four twenty
And that you smoke it intensely

Happy four twenty

<Instrumental>

<Verse 3>
Never let em take your stock
Never inhale to their clock
Never let 'em get on top
Of our choice to burn this crop

Never let 'em define you
Never let 'em confine you
Never bow to the masters
Who manufacture disasters

<Outro>
Happy four twenty
And that it hit you intensely

Happy four twenty

Happy four twenty
And that you toke it intensely

Happy four twenty
The mad medicine twisters
Happy four twenty

YT Video for "Happy 4 Score" (complete with YT imposed age restriction)!

Last edited:
Back