DIY HX Stomp Mount

Alex Kenivel

Rock Star
TGF Recording Artist
Came home from work today and decided to whip this up.

Somewhat loosely based on what @mbenigni did with his own HX Stomp and Boxking battery, I wanted a simple grab/go, portable desktop/amptop solution for the device and keep it battery powered and have the option to keep it plugged in if I wanted.

Started with connecting the two devices together with dual lock before cutting up some wood to fit the space around.
20230614_174838.jpg

20230614_174842.jpg

20230614_174850.jpg

Pieces cut. Thought about glue but decided to have two pieces screwed parallel to each other instead. This way I can dismantle it and reuse the wood if I want.
20230614_180552.jpg

20230614_182144.jpg

The fit was a little tight so I used a piece of sandpaper as a shim for clearance.
20230614_182836.jpg

A little more dual lock
20230614_183724.jpg

Like a glove:
20230614_183944.jpg

20230614_183938.jpg

Put in the last screw when the family pulled up into the driveway (y)

Last edited:
Nice! It should run about 4 hours on the battery - and you can even recharge while playing, in a pinch.

Looks slightly taller than it needs to be? Or is that a good height relative to the rest of your board/ expr. pedals/ whatever?

Nice! It should run about 4 hours on the battery - and you can even recharge while playing, in a pinch.
Yup, I've had the Boxking under my little Gator board for about as long as I've had the Stomp itself and it has seen many gigs - mostly plugged in, and rehearsals without a plug.

Looks slightly taller than it needs to be? Or is that a good height relative to the rest of your board/ expr. pedals/ whatever?
Yeah it's probably a little taller than it needs to be, I just used whatever pieces of wood I had laying around and didn't put a lot of thought into it. I don't plan on having this on the floor or connected to anything else, but maybe on top of a table or amp. I just didn't really want it sitting on the battery. I probably could rework it to make it a bit slimmer.

Feel free to blast this thread with pics of yours so we can compare :beer

:beer

The PedalTrain riser was a lucky find. The BoxKing just slides right in, with enough friction to hold it securely in place.

This has been through a couple of variations. The BOSS wireless unit is no longer wedged underneath. (It's sometimes just plugged directly into the back of the HX Stomp, but not often lately.) In its place is a wireless MIDI dongle. The Stomp is usually on a speaker cab, set up in 4CM, with a little wireless MIDI footswitch to toggle effects.

Finding rubber "feeties" that are the right height and don't peel off inside a few days/ weeks is an ongoing battle. :D

Back