Design Flaws, and why guitarists generally fear change

I’ve never had any issues with either LP or Fender upper fret access. Both feel perfectly comfortable to me all the way up the neck :idk
Your just reaching round the problem, no-one is saying that you can't unless it is a Gibson 339.

Your just reaching round the problem, no-one is saying that you can't unless it is a Gibson 339.

I’ve never seen it as a problem. It’s just always felt natural/comfortable to me.

Not saying it’s not for others, I’m not sure why it’s that way for me. I don’t mind sculpted heels but they always felt unnecessary to me

The nut slots are the problem. They need to be angled to alleviate the tuning issue. I agree that the angled string pull is a bad design and straight string path designs are more sensible.

The nut slots are the problem. They need to be angled to alleviate the tuning issue. I agree that the angled string pull is a bad design and straight string path designs are more sensible.
The angle down is far more a problem than the angle out though.

Most guitars without don't have a decent vibrato system (amazingly enough, the best vibrato system ever has been developed for headless guitars).

Who needs a vibrato?

white teeth troll GIF

Best non locking system is the Gotoh 510 TS with whatever saddles suit your tonal preference and the best system that locks and stays in tune still sounding great is one of these, Gotoh 1996 Khaler Steeler or Floyd 1984.

Says the guy who's never had a Majesty in his hands! :rofl

(I kid. I don't know for sure, but you give me that impression. And yes, that's a nice heel joint.)
I have but I'm not really a fan. Good access but not better than the picture .

Steinberger TransTrem. Best vibrato system of all times (if somewhat finicky here and there).
I thought you were going to say that but there is a whole lot of reasons why it isn't starting with rollers and pot metal parts where possible (unmodified version 1 is by FAR it's bets iteration.) I would argue it's not even Steinbergers best trem . That would be the all steel jam trem (rare as hell.)

Well, let's put it the other way around: People not using vibratos are eating kids, too.

In all seriousness, I started off on Floyds but my first Tele I realized I much preferred the feel and tuning stability when bending of fixed bridges. When I tried my first headless design with a focus on ergonomics, I was completely sold. I'm again contemplating another trem guitar as I do every few years but they always get moved quick.

I thought you were going to say that but there is a whole lot of reasons why it isn't starting with rollers and pot metal parts where possible (unmodified version 1 is by FAR it's bets iteration.) I would argue it's not even Steinbergers best trem . That would be the all steel jam trem (rare as hell.)

Well, I'm talking strictly from a user perspective. And regarding that, apart from the (too) narrow string spacing, the TT rules them all.

Best trem I've ever had was on a Japanese made Ibanez RG550 I bought new around 1990. Was 100% into all of the craziest whammy stuff happening around then and that guitar took it all and always wanted more. Stayed in tune like crazy and spoiled me against ever other double locker since.

Back