Crazy gig stories. Give em up!

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
I was just chatting with a buddy of mine on FB and we started reminiscing about crazy stuff that happened at gigs. I love reading others stories. Especially gig related stuff. Doesn't have to be gig related though. Just any crazy experiences that are music related. I have a bunch but here's a couple I was just discussing

1. I think I was part of the only band in the world to have an attendance at a show of .5
How? The only person that showed up was a dwarf with a mohawk covered in leather and spikes. He stayed for the whole show though!

2. Death metal band I was in played in front of about 15k people and the pit looked to be about 150 strong.
How? Our drummers Mom was screwing the promoter and he got us on the bill. That band sucked and they still loved us. We played alongside Savatage, Deicide, Morbid Angel, Obituary and a few others I can't remember. Partied with most of them backstage after also. Crazy.

Cowboy bar in a town of 40k

World Series playoffs happening

Drunks don’t want to hear the band… Would rather watch the baseball game, so they kill the stage power.

Drummer keeps playing lol

One kind old drunk stands up in the back of the bar to tell those other drunks to go to a fucking sports bar lmao

We get the power back on and finish the night

Cowboy bar in a town of 40k

World Series playoffs happening

Drunks don’t want to hear the band… Would rather watch the baseball game, so they kill the stage power.

Drummer keeps playing lol

One kind old drunk stands up in the back of the bar to tell those other drunks to go to a f*****g sports bar lmao

We get the power back on and finish the night

Saturday night at a Sports Bar. Big Football game on the TV. Notre Dame vs. Michigan as I recall.

I am taking a solo. Killing it! Crowd goes nuts. I am locked in. They are feeling me. Yes!

Then I see on the TV that someone scored a touchdown on a Kickoff Return. :LOL:

Saturday night at a Sports Bar. Big Football game on the TV. Notre Dame vs. Michigan as I recall.

I am taking a solo. Killing it! Crowd goes nuts. I am locked in. They are feeling me. Yes!

Then I see on the TV that someone scored a touchdown on a Kickoff Return. :LOL:

Lol same thing happened to me last year when the Avs were in the games leading up to the Stanley cup win :rofl

Back in the 80's, we played a gig where we had two people in the club. That night Ozzy Osbourne was playing just down the road. Go figure. 🤔

Many moons ago I played a gig at a local bar called The Smokehouse. They had a homemade light switch box on the stage, the problem was that whoever wired it up had the line and neutral wires backwards so the chassis was at 120VAC potential. Everyone knew to not touch the thing with bare feet. During a break I decided to tune my bass in the guitar players strobe tuner on the stage (remember those?) I unplugged my cord from the bass and tossed it aside to plug into the cable that was plugged into the strobe tuner. As my guitar/bass cable came into contact with the light box on the floor a very bright light lit up the stage and a huge bang followed by a 60Hz hum was emitting from the PA at full volume. I thought I was dead, the guitar player who owned the PA came running up on stage saying "my PA, what the f*** did you do". I still have that guitar cable with the ark mark on the connector. Kudos to Peavey, they fixed my bass amp head under warranty :grin

played a biker club where they told us when we got there not to touch the door which sort of freaked me out. def not the dudes you'd want to disrespect. i guess a pledge had to do it or something. but it was a party, they said it was fine to smoke whatever wherever and drinks were super cheap. they moshed for our set which was cool.

I ate an ENTIRE 7 Eleven Super Big Gulp cup
of magic mushrooms I had just picked an hour
& a half before performing on stage at
Soberstock, an AA outdoor concert.
I f’n TORE IT UP.
( I played from deep in my inner landscapes
to free Jimi from his bogus record contract..
-I was playing to save Electric Ladyland🎯).

We aren’t labels, we f’n individuals unique to
whatever created us.
I figured out the “God can be a door knob,man”
belief to be incorrect!
1st he was a ‘shroom & from there.. life EATS life.
👀
Hey, if you’re told to make-up God,
-WHY not eat magic mushrooms for some insight
as opposed to some pseudo Dianetics man &
a book bullcrap?
Man.. you better believe I was tasting & seeing sounds & colors up there,
ESPECIALLY during Voodoo Child.. Fire in the f’n hole up there dudes!

Back