Cork Soaking Sycophant Has New Guitar Day (Edwards LP Content)

Had a serious omission I had to rectify.

View attachment 24833

Sploosh.

1000054640.gif

1000054638.gif

I sorry that was

1000054639.gif

Fucking great score @la szum

These are great guitars. Is it one with gotoh and Duncans ?

Yes. Both are. The seller told me Reverb.Com had banned him from listing any
of his Edwards guitars due to Gibson pissing and moaning about it. So I purchased
through his on line store. Worked out better for both of us, I do believe. :beer

I have bought 3 different Edwards from him in the past 18 months. They just feel and
sound right (owner of many Gibsons in the past). The attention to detail is insane for
what basically amounts to a $1,000 guitar. Kind oof blows me away how tight and
resonant they are. And the fret work and dressing is :chef

Honestly, can't speak highly enough of them.

Haha! Love it! Hilarious. :rofl

This is the online shop (translation not included!). Has some really great guitars, and if you ask Guy he
will take the time to hunt something down for you.

Yes. Both are. The seller told me Reverb.Com had banned him from listing any
of his Edwards guitars due to Gibson pissing and moaning about it. So I purchased
through his on line store. Worked out better for both of us, I do believe. :beer

I have bought 3 different Edwards from him in the past 18 months. They just feel and
sound right (owner of many Gibsons in the past). The attention to detail is insane for
what basically amounts to a $1,000 guitar. Kind oof blows me away how tight and
resonant they are. And the fret work and dressing is :chef

Honestly, can't speak highly enough of them.
Reverb fucking sucks. No newsflash there.

Haha! Love it! Hilarious. :rofl

This is the online shop (translation not included!). Has some really great guitars, and if you ask Guy he
will take the time to hunt something down for you.

Ooh, I'll have a look. I'm still gassing for a gold top to replace the R7 I had to sell. I've been checking out these guys on reverb, I know someone whose bought a few guitars from them so I know they're legit.

I'll definitely checkout the link you posted too. I'm dying to get another goldtop but shit I "need" keeps getting bumped up the list ahead of things I want.

Ooh, I'll have a look. I'm still gassing for a gold top to replace the R7 I had to sell. I've been checking out these guys on reverb, I know someone whose bought a few guitars from them so I know they're legit.

I'll definitely checkout the link you posted too. I'm dying to get another goldtop but shit I "need" keeps getting bumped up the list ahead of things I want.

Oh man, I hope the flood of necessity abates long enough so justice is finally served. :beer

Do you have a specific MIJ brand you are leaning towards? Orville? Tokai? :idk

I had a 2011 Les Paul Goldtop (Standard) I had to sell in March of 2020, because of you
know what. Also had to sell my JCM800. :(

I think I am happier with the Edwards Goldtop at this point. Being 2lbs lighter certainly helps.

Hope you get a Goldtop back in your life, @SillyOctpuss :beer

For some reason that didn’t connect with me earlier. For some reason I thought you bought it or a Standard like 6 months ago? Am I losing my shit? (Probably))

Congrats, man!!!! How’s it compare to the Custom??

Thanks, man! :beer

White Les Paul Custom in March of '23. Edwards Vintage White Flying V in March of '24.
Goldtop Standard this week.

Trying not to talk myself into an Edwards Sykes LPC somewhere down the line. :brick

Seriously, great guitars. Then again, I have always loved Pauls. :chef

I had a 2011 Les Paul Goldtop (Standard) I had to sell in March of 2020, because of you
know what. Also had to sell my JCM800. :(

I think I am happier with the Edwards Goldtop at this point. Being 2lbs lighter certainly helps.

Hope you get a Goldtop back in your life, @SillyOctpuss :beer

Yup I know that pain.

I had to sell my R7 along with a load of my other gear to finance moving my family back from England to N Ireland. Moving countries is bloody expensive.

I've been mainly looking at Tokai but am open to Edwards, Orville, Greco etc. Depending on spec, price etc. I've got my prs but it's a very different thing from a les paul. Different enough that it's definitely worth having both.

Yup I know that pain.

I had to sell my R7 along with a load of my other gear to finance moving my family back from England to N Ireland. Moving countries is bloody expensive.

I've been mainly looking at Tokai but am open to Edwards, Orville, Greco etc. Depending on spec, price etc. I've got my prs but it's a very different thing from a les paul. Different enough that it's definitely worth having both.

Dude, I moved half a mile own the street and it was expensive, I can only imagine a country move. And all I moved in were my guitars and studio equipment!

Dude, I moved half a mile own the street and it was expensive, I can only imagine a country move. And all I moved in were my guitars and studio equipment!

Yeah it was pretty rough. Having to pay for the movers, shipping our furniture and stuff across the Irish Sea (it's not very big but still expensive) and then pay for storage until we found a new place in N Ireland meant selling off most of my gear.
Thankfully it's just stuff and we're all in a much better place since we moved back.

Yeah it was pretty rough. Having to pay for the movers, shipping our furniture and stuff across the Irish Sea (it's not very big but still expensive) and then pay for storage until we found a new place in N Ireland meant selling off most of my gear.
Thankfully it's just stuff and we're all in a much better place since we moved back.

That's great, and I think it is all that matters.

I had a rough stretch in 2016 moving house. It all settled and got sorted out.
Same in 2020. It was tough selling stuff I thought I would never have to. But
I know we can recover, and end up in a better place with some hard work, tenacity,
and the support of those around us. :beer

That's great, and I think it is all that matters.

I had a rough stretch in 2016 moving house. It all settled and got sorted out.
Same in 2020. It was tough selling stuff I thought I would never have to. But
I know we can recover, and end up in a better place with some hard work, tenacity,
and the support of those around us. :beer

Absolutely. The move has been great for the family. We're all in a much better place than we were before the move. Plus I don't have to worry about noise, my neighbours are pretty far away.

1000054687.jpg

It's not like I'm in a terrible place gear wise either tbh. I've still got the purple tele in my avatar, my strat, my goldtop prs, a jvm and a bunch of pedals.

1000054690.jpg

1000054691.jpg

Out of the stuff I had to sell the things I miss most are me R7, 335 and Princeton. I'll grab another les paul at some point but will be going mij this time.

Back