Clean boost that can get gritty without a volume jump?

RC clone of some description is a good call and I'd also throw in the good old electra distortion. Mr Lovepedal basically built his brand lightly modifying that circuit and the bufferless tube screamer... Sorry eternity.

I also like the SHO to boost an amp.

I came here to say RC boost too. This is really what it’s made for: clean boost with some grit that can be dialed in as needed if you don’t want it too clean.

The amount of volume increase a boost gives depends on how hard you’re already clipping the input of the amp when you turn it on.

Is the HX Stomp still a board option?

Have you tried the Kinky Boost in your HX Stomp?

Don't turn on the boost function, but use the drive level to get the edge of dirt you want.

Is the HX Stomp still a board option?

Have you tried the Kinky Boost in your HX Stomp?

Don't turn on the boost function, but use the drive level to get the edge of dirt you want.
It's always on the board.

1. Not sure if I have enough available blocks. For an extra drive let alone adding another fx S/R in my preset.
2. I greatly prefer an analog circuit over the digital equivalent. I love dirt pedals in a bunch of modelers but the "real thing" always speaks to me much more in that regard.

Get the glitter drive while your at it :rofl
glitter GIF

I am still delightfuly confused by the RC, and I have it permanently on (with only moderate gain and volume high)... I often find myself thinking, "how does it make such a difference, when it doesn't appear to do much at all?".

I guess one could pretty accurately analyse what it's actually doing. But personally, I rather not do that. I'm not much into all things "mojo" (usually not at all), but I like some bits of it to somewhat survive. And well, as someone owning an original RC and 3 clones, I pretty much have to.

Back