Chronicles of a gearJunkie (pedal edition)...

I like it better than the SHO, also due to the fact that it won't flip the phase. 😁
The SHO definitely wins in the name category. 🪵 :rofl
I also like the "+ boost" half of my Lovepedal Purple Plexi + Boost, but the Spark wins because it's small size makes it a perfect utility pedal

That Kingtone MiniFuzz v2 is something special. It's an instrument unto itself. It can go from sparkly jangle to spitting fuzz monster with just a Swedish c hair turn of the guitar volume knob.

I find myself enjoying the Si side most often, but I just spent 90 minutes with howling Germanium goodness.

It's cool how it changes its character when I engage ODs after the fuzz. The bias "set" led turns on and off confirming the fuzz changes with the downstream impedance.

so much fun in a such a small enclosure. :chef

Last edited:
I broke down and found a used Keeley Super Rodent on Reverb for a great price that should arrive tomorrow.

Also, the Weber Z-Matcher is available to order again, so I have a second one on the way so I can safely combine any pair of cabs in my collection with any amplifier.

I broke down and found a used Keeley Super Rodent on Reverb for a great price that should arrive tomorrow.

Also, the Weber Z-Matcher is available to order again, so I have a second one on the way so I can safely combine any pair of cabs in my collection with any amplifier.

Interested in how you get on with it. I’m kind of intrigued by the OCD/BB variant. These seems potentially cool.

Interested in how you get on with it. I’m kind of intrigued by the OCD/BB variant. These seems potentially cool.
That one interests me also. I went with the super rodent because I don't have either of its constituents represented in my OD collection.

NPD: Super Rodent

1000001240.jpg

So far I'm really liking the SD tone stack with the Rat drive circuit toward the front of my signal chain. Great for adding texture.

With a mid-low gain setting, it stacks well into the protein drive into the clean plexi channel on the King Kong 50, creating a thick textured vocal lead tone on a strat neck pickup. :chef

Tons of options to dial in interesting and useful tones, but switching either the tone stack or drive circuit switches requires a bunch of knob twisting to dial it in.

The last couple months have seen quite the haul...

Giovanetti (D*A*M) Red Rooster clone
Warm Audio Warm Bender
Mooer Acoustikar
Fulltone Fat Boost V1.1
Sound City Rangemaster
Idiotbox Ron Fucking Swanson Superfuzz

I'll actually REALLY try and hold back for a while. ;)

PS: The Mooer was a gift from a good friend. I do appreciate it, because it's something I never would've had on my radar otherwise.

sixpack.jpg

After routing the KitG side chain to the front of my pedalboard signal path and inserting the gate at the front of my effects loop, I can honestly state that this is the best noise gate I've ever used.

Set the threshold for the guitar, which sits very low at less than 9 o'clock, cleans ring out without an unnatural decay or clamp, and super high gain palm mutes are tighter than ever.

I also like that when switched on the LED is blue when the gate is open and bright white when gating.

Very happy with this one.

Last edited:
Back