Chronicles of a gearJunkie (pedal edition)...

:cuss
Still sitting in Atlanta. I'll be lucky to see this by Monday.

I've been waiting for everything to arrive before documenting the haul, but since the fuzz is taking forever to get here, I'll post some pix later today

Another 27 miles closer. That's s total of 47 miles over the past 4 days. :facepalm

Figures the pedal I've been GAS'n for most takes the scenic route. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

UPS dropped this off about 10 minutes ago.
PXL_20240307_202749193~2.jpg

Something else to play with while waiting for the fuzz.

Thank you @James Freeman .

Sad day for me. My beloved Black Arts Toneworks Coven seems to have issues on the Black Forest (Colorsound) side. I'm unsure if it's just the footswitch or deeper issues at this point.

But I bought a Styrmon Deco II, Ultraviolet, Timeline and Cloudburst and a Boss Angry Driver a couple weekends ago to keep the pedal collection growing. I was just trying out the Coven with the Deco and the LED started flickering like mad and all sorts of tonal mayhem ensued. I have a Fuzz Factory for that!

Sad day for me. My beloved Black Arts Toneworks Coven seems to have issues on the Black Forest (Colorsound) side. I'm unsure if it's just the footswitch or deeper issues at this point.

But I bought a Styrmon Deco II, Ultraviolet, Timeline and Cloudburst and a Boss Angry Driver a couple weekends ago to keep the pedal collection growing. I was just trying out the Coven with the Deco and the LED started flickering like mad and all sorts of tonal mayhem ensued. I have a Fuzz Factory for that!
Welcome to the forum.

:beer

Nice one! Very powerful pedal. ;)

I just received my Red Rooster clone - hard to say after 30 minutes, but there's definitely something magic about how it makes everything sound smoother, almost in a "liquid" way. Diggin' it so far.
I haven't plugged into it yet. Spent last night rewiring the power for my "creative" board after adding a Cioks 8 to supplement the DC7 already installed.

I have to pull and pack the chassis from my Fillmore 50 combo to ship back to Petaluma this morning.Then I should have some time to play with the EQ in front and in the loop of my functioning amps.

I'm not familiar with the Red Rooster. I guess I have a bit of YouTube'n to do. :grin

:beer

I'm not familiar with the Red Rooster. I guess I have a bit of YouTube'n to do. :grin
Boutique germanium treble boost with a tone knob, and the originals have been going for crazy prices for a long time.

I paid 100€ for a nicely done hand-wired one from Italy, which is alright, since my soldering skills are like sheltered-workshop level at best (the circuit isn't complicated).

PXL_20240308_122357040~2.jpg

Attached both power supplies using dual lock. Added a little cable management as well.

The bundle of power cables on the lower left are bunched together with Velcro and are intended for auditioning supplemental pedals not yet integrated with the board.

Still waiting on the King Tone mini fuzz. It was scheduled for delivery yesterday, but now it appears to have stalled somewhere in George with "delivery date unknown".

:cuss USPS fails once again.

:cuss
Still sitting in Atlanta. I'll be lucky to see this by Monday.

I've been waiting for everything to arrive before documenting the haul, but since the fuzz is taking forever to get here, I'll post some pix later today

Sorry bruh, I had to give it a test. Should be there today. Excuse the lasagna stain on the Germanium switch.

Back