Chorii

Last Pigtronix pedal i tried was the Disnortion and that was rad, so i might have to try a Quantum

Last Pigtronix pedal i tried was the Disnortion and that was rad, so i might have to try a Quantum

It's an epic sounding pedal but pretty different than a "standard" chorus since there is no true effect level/mix control.

If you're looking for real subtle chorus sounds the Quantum probably won't fit the bill

I've actually toyed with the idea of seeing if it would be possible to mod it with an added mix control but haven't done it yet.

Here's a lil iphone recording - this is pretty close to being as subtle as you can dial it in - pretty much only gets more seasick sounding from here

All of the Boss Chorus pedals are great. I really like the Dimension. The CE-2B bass chorus is great on guitar because it’s got a high pass filter so the low notes are not muddled with.

The yellow MXR Chorus pedals have always been very nice. They work surprisingly well in front of a dirty amp.

A Trichorus is sweet. But if you’re not running stereo it is less interesting.

The chorus you can dial in with one of the old 8/12-bit digital delays can be very fun. The Effectron did a great chorus and flange.

Then there’s the Symphonic chorus from the SPX-90.

I put a 3rd Dimension by TC Electronic in a Watch List at SW about 18 months ago based on some random YT video. It finally got stocked, (I thought it was discontinued based on how long it’s been out of stock) so I ordered it on a whim since it’s only $40. Fired it up this morning and it’s actually pretty decent. Definitely more or on the subtle side. Can hit those 80’s clean tones, and sounds pretty good under gain for those Zakk driven tones. I hate Dimension C control type, but I suppose that’s part of the charm.

The great thing about cheap pedals is they exceed expectations by just turning on. :ROFLMAO:

Pretty cool.

still love the old tri-stereo chorus. :)
demarco rack.JPG

Back