Caved to inevitability, on the FM9 waitlist

Warmart

Roadie
Been having a helluva time with the Kemper lately, it's great and all but I think it's time to move on. Going to be listing the toaster, kabinet and camplifier tomorrow. Currently, they are going for $1899 + $540 + $150, respectively - so I have to figure out a good price to list them together.

Switched over to my Tonex today, and just seems like I play significantly faster on it - for me it does high gain better, and I'm sure the FM9 is going to be even betterer, and will be a complete solution!

Figure I'll just start with my Presonus Eris E5 XT's and add one of their subs for $199. Down the road maybe I'll think of a powered 1x12 or 2, once I do some research.

Been having a helluva time with the Kemper lately, it's great and all but I think it's time to move on. Going to be listing the toaster, kabinet and camplifier tomorrow. Currently, they are going for $1899 + $540 + $150, respectively - so I have to figure out a good price to list them together.

Switched over to my Tonex today, and just seems like I play significantly faster on it - for me it does high gain better, and I'm sure the FM9 is going to be even betterer, and will be a complete solution!

Figure I'll just start with my Presonus Eris E5 XT's and add one of their subs for $199. Down the road maybe I'll think of a powered 1x12 or 2, once I do some research.
You will not be disappointed my friend, Fractal is simply awesome :beer
GLWS, be patient you have plenty of time waiting for the FM9

Stereo for home is amazing, once properly positioned and calibrated
I for one Love my Powercabs, but there are different options, I do like coaxial for the dispersion
another good option is a powered amp with passive cabs
so many options

Last edited:

Nice! You'll love it, Dave. :banana

I was using a Kemper prior to the Fractal. Kemper was great, but I don't miss that more compressed and
less immediate feel that is always part of the Kemper Universe. Sounds awesome. No argument there. Just
happier with the Fractal by a long ways. I think you will be, too.

Oh, and snag a Sub. $200 is nothing these days!! :beer

I think there's some kind of weird latency as switching to Tonex gained me an immediate 5+% increase in this blasted 186bpm riff in Megalodon. Hell, it was night and day. Still only at 85% speed :cuss but I can feel it soooo much better.

Back almost 4 years ago I was basically down to flipping a coin between Fractal and Kemper.

I'm guessing anywhere from 3 to 6 months to wait unless I find someone to do a straight swap.

Yup. That compressed pick attack of the Kemper is great for some styles. Awful for others.

My 2 cents is the Fractal is more diverse, and more accurate.

Stereo for home is amazing, once properly positioned and calibrated

Absolutely! I loved having a pair of pole mounted CLRs, first with my Axe II then with the Axe III. Even my dyed in the wool tube amp loving band mates were floored by how good it sounded.

28641609805_cc702869b5_c.jpg

While my PC112's are angled for sweet spot I've been wondering if these might be better
not sure though as decoupling them from the floor might reduce some lower frequencies though

:idk

1685957519379.png

You'll be glad you made the jump. Not that Kemper is bad at all - it's not.

While my PC112's are angled for sweet spot I've been wondering if these might be better
not sure though as decoupling them from the floor might reduce some lower frequencies though

:idk

View attachment 7850
It will reduce the lower frequency coupling with the floor and wall behind it.

You can add some of that back in with EQ for the sound you prefer. Just keep in mind, when you want to record, you'll want to remove some of those frequencies that compete with bass, bass drum and floor tom.

The "lowest" setting on that still seems quite high to me! 😱
Yes but the angle is adjustable but still not sure if there be any benefits though what i really need is a Guitar stand my A frame one isnt really good
Have this in my Amazon cart :guiness

41D7PB+ctIL._AC_SL1080_.jpg

I'm currently experiencing a "get rid of all digital stuff and build an analog board for my tube amps" phase. I am so close to selling off my Helix LT that it's scary.

I'm currently experiencing a "get rid of all digital stuff and build an analog board for my tube amps" phase. I am so close to selling off my Helix LT that it's scary.
I went like $1k deep chasing down a bunch of my favorite pedals to build an all analog board this year.

Does it sound cool? Yeah.

Have I ever dragged it out of the house over my Helix? Nope.

The first thing I realized after going through all the trouble was that I don’t love all the tap dancing. Helix snapshots have spoiled me, especially for gigging.

YMMV.

The first thing I realized after going through all the trouble was that I don’t love all the tap dancing. Helix snapshots have spoiled me, especially for gigging.

I feel the exact same way, that's why I'm going with my FM9 for gigs. There's no way that I can change multiple effects and change amp channels simultaneously without some sort of switching board. Having all of my effects in one box, and being able to change them all with one press of a footswitch is worth it's weight in gold.

I have a box of great pedals sitting five feet away from me at this very moment. Haven't opened it in over a year.

Back