Caught GC red handed

Your ED and @mbenigni 's TA deserved viking funerals. They were just cursed.
I actually kept that TA, though. The asking price had been quite low ($800, I think?) and when I complained about the condition(s), they threw $250 back at me without hesitation. Then I hassled them about some promo and got another $30 back. :rofl I'd already found some workarounds for what was broken*, so I wound up with a mostly functional TA-30 for a little over $500. The next question is whether to send it to Mesa and get it right (which is kind of a prerequisite should I ever want to sell it), but between shipping and bench time, that will quickly eat into any "savings". Still trying to figure out how to deal with all that.

* Workarounds, for the curious: Pulling out the useless blue LEDs made channel 2 usable again. Although I would never consider switching channels on this amp during a performance ("POP"). Reverb is quite noisy in some modes, so I have to use it sparingly or not at all. Post-honeymoon, this wouldn't be my first choice in Mesa amps, but it's got a few great sounds. And it's a killer power amp with a modeler in front.

The only one where I am that has any decent inventory, is almost 2 hours away AND their operating hours are like 11am-to 5pm LOL. How he even continues to operate is beyond me. I am thinking it's a front for something.
There's one joint about 20 minutes from my house, but it's a similar deal with operating hours. I can never count on the lights being on when I get there. Plus he's almost exclusively high-end, and IM(limited)E not super customer-oriented. Lots of $4K+ PRS, no official return policy, etc. I think he caters primarily to the neighborhood doctors and lawyers for whom money is no object. Alas, that ain't me. :D I always feel kind of invisible in there.

The alternative is GC or Sam Ash. So corporate you may as well be ordering online, and online you're more likely to find what you need. I literally feel embarrassed walking into a brick and mortar GC or whatever. It's like the music equipment shopping equivalent of promoting your band on MySpace. Even the staff seem to know it's pointless.

Last edited:
Dude..Bob..you just lit’ the DEMON.

You think this is bad??
-Put this in your think.
The Sweetwater Church of Scientology is the gold leader in the hard to stomach customer service department.
I caught them TWICE IN REAL LIFE attempting to sell me USED gear that was sorta’ all polished up NEW.
I studied that organization for 10 months.
Ate in their cafeteria that’s open to the public so you eat with 100’s of employees in the lunchroom.
I know I made Nick & Dan nervous but couldn’t figure out why?
What their doing to the fabric mold of a musician is incomprehensible.
Creepy lame.
I took the guitar back I just bought less then one hour prior back into the service department to that undeniable PRICK who runs the guitar service department about a new guitar I just bought needing new strings
(the G was blackened🎯),
the previous owner even aggressively set-up the tremolo/bridge and put the wrong wiggle stick arm tip back in the case.😉
I caught one of their employees putting that 50 point inspection card in the guitar case AFTER I bought it.
Sweetwater ghosted all my complaints, never
ONCE responded.
The main jerk at the front counter whom checks in your gear told me
“You need to take it up with Fender”
in the most crude & caustic tone man.
Starting a fistfight tone.
(I know man..I couldn’t believe it).
Ruder’ then Courtney Love on the rag.
BOILING.
The dudes that were my homies in main lobbies are spineless, no support there!
They’re so encrusted in fear..they cannot afford to pay those insidious Fart Woyne food prices so they’re as scared a rake💯

So how about that for a new guitar day Sweetwater?

Wait till’ I tell y’all what they
INTENTIONALLY DID TO MY JVM.
Anyways, I’m too fired up to type right now & tapping out.

200.gif

The alternative is GC or Sam Ash. So corporate you may as well be ordering online, and online you're more likely to find what you need. I literally feel embarrassed walking into a brick and mortar GC or whatever. It's like the music equipment shopping equivalent of promoting your band on MySpace. Even the staff seem to know it's pointless.
I don't know why, but this is funny to me, and true :rofl

Yes, 100% serious; not hyperbole at all. They look up from their crossword puzzle or whatever TF they're doing behind the counter, and a tumbleweed rolls past, and you can see the "What are you doing here?" thought bubble appear over their heads.

It's true I don't think I've ever seen that special type of GC apathy at any other type of store anywhere

"can I get some strings?"
GC employee:
ryan reynolds hd GIF

You think this is bad??
-Put this in your think.
The Sweetwater Church of Scientology is the gold leader in the hard to stomach customer service department.
I caught them TWICE IN REAL LIFE attempting to sell me USED gear that was sorta’ all polished up NEW.
Ate in their cafeteria that’s open to the public so you eat with 100’s of employees in the lunchroom.
Creepy lame.
I took the guitar back I just bought less then one hour prior back into the service department to that undeniable PRICK who runs the guitar service department about a new guitar I just bought needing new strings
(the G was blackened🎯),
the previous owner even aggressively set-up the tremolo/bridge and put the wrong wiggle stick arm tip back in the case.😉
I caught one of their employees putting that 50 point inspection card in the guitar case AFTER I bought it.
ONCE responded.
BOILING.
They’re so encrusted in fear..they cannot afford to pay those insidious Fart Woyne food prices so they’re as scared a rake💯

Dumped the guitar right there on the counter and told that man “ Ya talk to people like this..
Happy new guitar day for you”.
& dipped.
The remedy after I left that day was to hittin’ the 24 East & blast this song..needed that raunchy old school Randall crunch coupled that fat Q on the wah..🤘🏻

Last edited:
There's one joint about 20 minutes from my house, but it's a similar deal with operating hours. I can never count on the lights being on when I get there. Plus he's almost exclusively high-end, and IM(limited)E not super customer-oriented. Lots of $4K+ PRS, no official return policy, etc. I think he caters primarily to the neighborhood doctors and lawyers for whom money is no object. Alas, that ain't me. :D I always feel kind of invisible in there.

They're just shy of the pre shutdown Radio Shack model, selling cell phones and battery chargers.

Or perhaps a mildy safer Craigslist perusing experience - meaning you're less likely to wake up in a tub of ice water missing a kidney.

They're just shy of the pre shutdown Radio Shack model, selling cell phones and battery chargers.

Or perhaps a mildy safer Craigslist perusing experience - meaning you're less likely to wake up in a tub of ice water missing a kidney.
Well... I was sad to see radio shack go but I still have bags of cables and adapters that I snagged in the last days for pennies on the dollar. Almost all of it pretty good quality stuff too.

In the weirdest coincidence, I would up physically walking into Sam Ash today. Sorry to report, I was not proven wrong LOL. I was hoping to find some sign of the new Fender FR10/12, but nothing doing. They did have a used HRD for about $500 IIRC, and a used Mustang III (is this the @JiveTurkey-approved model/revision?) for $244. Wherever do they get these numbers?

In the weirdest coincidence, I would up physically walking into Sam Ash today. Sorry to report, I was not proven wrong LOL. I was hoping to find some sign of the new Fender FR10/12, but nothing doing. They did have a used HRD for about $500 IIRC, and a used Mustang III (is this the @JiveTurkey-approved model/revision?) for $244. Wherever do they get these numbers?
Nope on Mustang III. GT or GTX. Did you see the TMP?

Nope on Mustang III. GT or GTX. Did you see the TMP?
No, but I saw at least 4 tumbleweeds.

As per standard Sam Ash "merchandising and decor", there were a couple of Fender amps they hadn't even bothered to pull out of the cardboard boxes, so I was crawling around on the floor hoping to find an FR12 label. No dice.

The III is worth 200 just for the 59 Bassman model. It's dead on to the LTD I had tone-wise.

You think this is bad??
-Put this in your think.
Creepy lame.
(the G was blackened🎯),
ONCE responded.
BOILING.

That is unfortunate to hear. Someone apparently got a warped neck and the SW response was supposedly an offer to plek it for 250. LOL. I order from Sweetwater and haven't had any issues, but if I did, they would not like it. If my grandmother was still alive, they would like it even worse. She was friendly as hell and loved talking to randos who were open to talk, but if you fucked with her, she was hell on customer service in response. I've had her take over before, then I got to be quite good at handling this shit myself. "Alright, I'll contact my credit company/PayPal. If you continue to make this difficult, I will look into who I should contact to get this sorted out."

Back