Can y'all just stop posting interesting things for a few hours?

No No No GIF

There was a post I was getting ready to reply to earlier and I got called away for something here at work, Iā€™m standing in an electrical room while trying to deal with an irate tenant who believes heā€™s paying for another tenantā€™s power bill and Iā€™m thinking ā€œSh*tā€¦.what was I going to say in that replyā€¦.which thread was it?ā€ :rofl

There was a post I was getting ready to reply to earlier and I got called away for something here at work, Iā€™m standing in an electrical room while trying to deal with an irate tenant who believes heā€™s paying for another tenantā€™s power bill and Iā€™m thinking ā€œSh*tā€¦.what was I going to say in that replyā€¦.which thread was it?ā€ :rofl
I HEAR YA!

We can hug it out later after the drum circle. It's OKAY to cry, man.

I HEAR YA!

We can hug it out later after the drum circle. It's OKAY to cry, man.

Man, Iā€™m probably the last dude that needs to be told itā€™s ok to cry. Iā€™m an empath and itā€™s taken a LONG time to understand what that means and how to handle it. I get overwhelmed by happiness and Iā€™m grateful it works that way instead of negativity or anger. I definitely feel it when the vibe of a person or room is negative, but it doesnā€™t have as intense of an effect on me, or at least I learned how to not let it.

If I watch Americaā€™s Got Talent and see some not-so-confident person kill it onstage and the audience goes nuts, Iā€™ll cry like a bitch. Any time an underdog who is great at what they do gets recognized it can happen. Or concerts when the audience is REALLY excitedā€¦.man, Iā€™ve been to some shows where I just canā€™t stop tearing up the whole show. Iā€™ve had it happen at shows Iā€™ve been playing, especially in the mid 00ā€™s when my former band was seemingly on itā€™s way to ā€˜making itā€™ and our audiences were extremely receptive of us. Iā€™m probably the only dude to cry tears of happiness over causing a mosh pit, but whatever, Iā€™m grateful for it.

It can be embarrassing around people who donā€™t know me, but Iā€™ll never be bummed out that positivity has such a profound effect on me.

Man, Iā€™m probably the last dude that needs to be told itā€™s ok to cry. Iā€™m an empath and itā€™s taken a LONG time to understand what that means and how to handle it. I get overwhelmed by happiness and Iā€™m grateful it works that way instead of negativity or anger. I definitely feel it when the vibe of a person or room is negative, but it doesnā€™t have as intense of an effect on me, or at least I learned how to not let it.

If I watch Americaā€™s Got Talent and see some not-so-confident person kill it onstage and the audience goes nuts, Iā€™ll cry like a b*tch. Any time an underdog who is great at what they do gets recognized it can happen. Or concerts when the audience is REALLY excitedā€¦.man, Iā€™ve been to some shows where I just canā€™t stop tearing up the whole show. Iā€™ve had it happen at shows Iā€™ve been playing, especially in the mid 00ā€™s when my former band was seemingly on itā€™s way to ā€˜making itā€™ and our audiences were extremely receptive of us. Iā€™m probably the only dude to cry tears of happiness over causing a mosh pit, but whatever, Iā€™m grateful for it.

It can be embarrassing around people who donā€™t know me, but Iā€™ll never be bummed out that positivity has such a profound effect on me.

Wow. I am touched by reading this. <--- For reals. Absolutely no sarcasm

I would have said until reading that, that I'm also an empath; but I have never experienced "cry tears of happiness over causing a mosh pit". That's a whole 'nother level. I'd never even imagined that such a thing could happen.

Wow. I am touched by reading this. <--- For reals. Absolutely no sarcasm

I would have said until reading that, that I'm also an empath; but I have never experienced "cry tears of happiness over causing a mosh pit". That's a whole 'nother level. I'd never even imagined that such a thing could happen.

The mosh pit thing was more the result of the audience giving us their seal of approval. That band ā€˜took offā€™ really fast and it was a really exciting time. South Florida has a lot of roots in death metal and Iā€™ve seen some pretty brutal audiences that did the folded arms thing quite a bit, so when those same audiences started going apesh*t when we played it let us know we were doing something right, even though we were a prog-metal band that wasnā€™t screaming in every song.

Everything, during that period, was just going right for us and I donā€™t think there was anyone in the band or knew of us that didnā€™t believe we were going to ā€˜make itā€™. There was so much excitement surrounding everything we did, from the writing sessions to the shows and when Iā€™d catch one of these little signs that indicated we were on the right path Iā€™d get choked up. The first time I got recognized in public, first time I signed an autograph, first time we got paid more than free beer, first time an A&R guy approached usā€¦.all those moments had me choking up.

Itā€™s like my body/brain goes into autopilot; ā€œYOUā€™RE GRATEFUL AND YOU CANā€™T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT, BITCH! HAVE SOME TEARS!ā€ :rofl

If I watch Americaā€™s Got Talent and see some not-so-confident person kill it onstage and the audience goes nuts, Iā€™ll cry like a b*tch. Any time an underdog who is great at what they do gets recognized it can happen. Or concerts when the audience is REALLY excitedā€¦.man, Iā€™ve been to some shows where I just canā€™t stop tearing up the whole show. Iā€™ve had it happen at shows Iā€™ve been playing, especially in the mid 00ā€™s when my former band was seemingly on itā€™s way to ā€˜making itā€™ and our audiences were extremely receptive of us. Iā€™m probably the only dude to cry tears of happiness over causing a mosh pit, but whatever, Iā€™m grateful for it.

Trust me..... it'll get better/worse as you grow older. I get the FEELZ all the damn time now. :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO:

I had to take a break from us being a Foster for rescue dogs. Did it for roughly 10 years, and
the last one broke me in all the right ways. She's in great place now..... but I bawled when she
came home with us and bawled more when we took her to meet her forever home/mom.

Oh, and I want to do a spoof/satire of those gut-wrenching AGT/Voice segments, where it is a
total setup and the sappy and melodramatic music is just tugging the water out of your eyes.

I can totally see SNL doing a satirical take on all of that. That would be my revenge for pulling
on my heartstrings like that so carelessly. :lol

Last edited:
Oh jesus you guys are going to make start fucking bawling over here. Music does this to me big time.
I had a thread queued up on how 80s pop rules all with this gem.

This damn song gets me every single time
:cop:oops::cry:

As for the doggies :love I LOVE strays and mutts and shelter dogs but I have to stay far away beyond the two we have because the house would be a fucking zoo before I was done :bag

So thatā€™s what you call itā€¦ an ā€œempathā€. Itā€™s so weirdā€¦ I can watch these insanely scary and horrifying thrillers/horror movies and awful documentaries about murder and crime and whatnot. And find it gripping and touching.

But I canā€™t watch a damn Netflix kids movie without breaking out in tears each 15 minutesā€¦ these damn animated heart warming movies are killing me :ROFLMAO: and if itā€™s not tears itā€™s this chunk of thing in the throat that sometimes hurts when it like swells up and Iā€™m on the edge of cry. This usually happens when thereā€™s a bittersweet happy cute moment with some nice dramatic musicā€¦ Iā€™m getting all teared up and my kids just sit there and like ā€œwoah thatā€™s a happy momentā€ā€¦and I canā€™t talk because theyā€™ll notice on my voice that chunk in my throat.. my voice kinda go from normal dad voice to bright and stuttery:LOL:

Thought about that a lot.. I think the geniuses at dreamworks, Disney, Pixar and whatnot know exactly wich combination of visuals, situation and music to use to get to my sensitive dude heartā€¦ I think itā€™s much about the drama music that gets me.

So thatā€™s what you call itā€¦ an ā€œempathā€. Itā€™s so weirdā€¦ I can watch these insanely scary and horrifying thrillers/horror movies and awful documentaries about murder and crime and whatnot. And find it gripping and touching.

But I canā€™t watch a damn Netflix kids movie without breaking out in tears each 15 minutesā€¦ these damn animated heart warming movies are killing me :ROFLMAO: and if itā€™s not tears itā€™s this chunk of thing in the throat that sometimes hurts when it like swells up and Iā€™m on the edge of cry. This usually happens when thereā€™s a bittersweet happy cute moment with some nice dramatic musicā€¦ Iā€™m getting all teared up and my kids just sit there and like ā€œwoah thatā€™s a happy momentā€ā€¦and I canā€™t talk because theyā€™ll notice on my voice that chunk in my throat.. dads voice kinda go from being dark and powerful to bright and stuttery:LOL:

Thought about that a lot.. I think the geniuses at dreamworks, Disney, Pixar and whatnot know exactly wich combination of visuals, situation and music to use to get to my sensitive dude heartā€¦ I think itā€™s much about the drama music that gets me.
As long as they are killing people in film; I'm great. The minute a turtle might get a bruised spot on it's shell; I'm fucking out of there :mad:

How the hell did we get here so fast? Like... what just happened to this seemingly innocuous thread? šŸ˜‚

That INXS video was totes awsum btw.

Back