Can y'all just stop posting interesting things for a few hours?

Ok.. thatā€™s it.. itā€™s past midnight and my eyes hurt. Need to get up early even though itā€™s Saturday tomorrow.. yā€™all do your thing and I get to read it all to my morning coffe and ā€œmultitaskingā€
:farley (Coffe, snus and poop)

There was a post I was getting ready to reply to earlier and I got called away for something here at work, Iā€™m standing in an electrical room while trying to deal with an irate tenant who believes heā€™s paying for another tenantā€™s power bill and Iā€™m thinking ā€œSh*tā€¦.what was I going to say in that replyā€¦.which thread was it?ā€ :rofl
And which forum was it? :rofl

Yeah, that's what the FM3 is for... I can lose hours that way.

Aaand that's why I didn't sell the Bella and pedals yet. Turns out that's what the Bella's for šŸ˜‚

Who knew?
Bella? Yikes! Did I miss something while I was away from my computer?

Bella? Yikes! Did I miss something while I was away from my computer?

Didn't miss anything, I don't think (?).

I've been going back and forth (sometimes several times a day) between Fractal and the Bella NR head + pedals for weeks. Tried not to mention the Bella too much here; don't want to bore people with it. Well, except I just mentioned it šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

But... Feeling guilty about owning both (as I'm not a proper gigging musician). But I've settled into a groove now, where I'm cool with both for a while. No need to be making any big decisions or selling anything whilst there's still food on the table.

It's been informative and eye-opening for sure! I'm constantly switching between the two rigs (same speaker) and comparing notes. There are pros and cons to both ofc, and the FM3 has many pros going for it and it's definitely the best modeller (for me) that I've ever used... but the Bella is definitely simple and easy to plug into with no tweaking required. I'm sure most here know that already, though.

Last edited:

I've been going back and forth several times a day between Fractal and the Bella NR head + pedals for weeks. Tried not to mention the Bella too much here; don't want to bore people with it. Well, except I just mentioned it šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

But... Feeling guilty about owning both (as I'm not a proper gigging musician). But I've settled into a groove now, where I'm cool with both for a while. No need to be making any big decisions or selling anything whilst there's still food on the table.
Itā€™s a tough balance for sure. I felt guilty about keeping an amp, two cabs and a pedalboard after the band was put in the grave the first time. Sold everything. Then had an LT and a bunch of "FRFR" (crappy pa speakers really) when we resurrected the band for a short period, and I did that two times going back and forth between LT and my Stomp.

There is no recipe for a common guilty conscious that we can share :LOL:

I found my ā€œguilty conscious balanceā€ 2 years ago, deciding that the size and price would be keeping Stomp and having a board no bigger than the Metro 16 allowing me to put a pedal or two there now and then.

I can say, that personally I take into account mostly what things cost. Guitars and gear. Then I compare that to what things in my life cost. That could be stuff the kids need, stuff we do with the houseā€¦ not hobby related stuff. Then I lower that ā€œwhat I deserve as a hobbyā€ level significantlyā€¦ (guilty consciousā€¦)

I guess itā€™s like putting one selves self worth down alot. Thatā€™s not good either. I probably deserve to buy a pedal now and then. Fineā€¦

I did once bought a Ibanez AZ Prestige for money that I didnā€™t haveā€¦ I was totally convinced I deserved that. After a year I picked up my old parts caster and :idk
Wtf am I thinking! Sureā€¦ that was an awesome guitar, but it was just too much money and it didnā€™t really contribute to anything, and it certainly didnā€™t make me ā€œbetterā€. I appreciate this parts caster more than ever because of this. Iā€™m still a mediocre guitar player and donā€™t have time to hone the skills. The parts caster is put together with passion so itā€™s THE guitar.

Find your balance, and a level that suits your life.
Feeing guilty is something we shouldnā€™t spend time doing.

I've been going back and forth (sometimes several times a day) between Fractal and the Bella NR head + pedals for weeks. Tried not to mention the Bella too much here; don't want to bore people with it. Well, except I just mentioned it šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

It's been informative and eye-opening for sure! I'm constantly switching between the two rigs (same speaker) and comparing notes. There are pros and cons to both ofc, and the FM3 has many pros going for it and it's definitely the best modeller (for me) that I've ever used... but the Bella is definitely simple and easy to plug into with no tweaking required. I'm sure most here know that already, though.

Why do we need to take a blood oath to one world-view or the other??? ;)

I am a best of both worlds kind of guy, too. I see no reason why I shouldn't
be allowed to travel between them at my leisure.

Freedom!!!! :beer

Why do we need to take a blood oath to one world-view or the other??? ;)

Oh I agree. And I don't feel the need to take a blood oath and swear allegance to digital or analog or whatever.

It's just that I'd hoped to narrow my choices down to only one simplish rig that was to be the voice of my guitar for some time to come. I thought that I would be able to choose and not have loads of extra gear and money wrapped up in that extra gear.

Turns out that it's harder to choose than I'd imagined, so yeah... I'm just doing both right now and trying not to buy more stuff... except that Dispatch Master that I just bought and I'm enjoying it haha.

Last edited:
Back