Can anyone help me ID my Warwick bass?

nightlight

Groupie
I've read online about Warwick basses having a serial number on the back of the headstock or on top of it, but my Vampyre SN-5 bass does not have any imprint with a serial number.

Instead, there's this little latching plate on the truss rod cover that can be lifted off, and if you flip it over, it has the following number written on it:

DE 380**** A1.

It also says below that "by Warwick/Wilfer HP".

I know it's a German-made instrument and that Wilfer is the name of the company's founder.

But I've never heard of basses (or other instruments) where the serial number is tucked into the truss rod cavity with a pullout in it.

In fact, I've never heard other Warwick bass owners with a similar number written on a plate within the cavity.

Checking the back of the headstock, I don't see any signs of it being sanded, or anything else. Looks smooth, with no detentes that would indicate something was stamped into the instrument. It's not oddly angled as though wood was shaved off either.

But I'm not very well versed in spotting things like that

Instrument plays very well too. Just wondering if anyone can provide me with any details about the bass guitar such as year of manufacture, etc.

Here's the little plate and some pics of the cavity and the bass:

IMG_6058.jpg
IMG_6059.jpg
IMG_6060.jpg
IMG_6061.jpg
IMG_6062.jpg
IMG_6063.jpg
IMG_6064.jpg

Last edited:
Back